sgl_imaging_challenge_2021_4.gif.6a323659519d12fc7cafc409440c9dbf.gif

Thanks! Already got the 150 on order rather than the bigger one. Got some bits an pieces

Looking a forward to learning the skies already!

Book ordered too, thanks for advice. Appreciated.

• Like 1
  • Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi, welcome to SGL

Hi, Sid, and a warm welcome to SGL! If you haven't done already I can recommend downloading the free planetarium 'Stellarium' which many on here use to not only help in finding objects, but also in pl

Beware, telescopes have the habit of sprouting larger and more expensive versions of themselves.  You know you're mad when you have to move house to accommodate all your scopes and astro gear!

Thanks! Already got the 150 on order rather than the bigger one. Got some bits an pieces

Looking a forward to learning the skies already!

Book ordered too, thanks for advice. Appreciated.

Yay! Top scope!  Loads of fun (and cloudy night frustration) to be had.  I'm in a similar place to you; been yearning to go astro for ages, wife helped on a birthday.

Half the fun seems ( to me ) to be the book-learning bit; it's just lots of dots unless you know what you're looking at, and that's what makes it worth looking.

Clear skies, it's the same void that we're all staring into, eh? m

• Like 1

Hi, Sid, and a warm welcome to SGL! If you haven't done already I can recommend downloading the free planetarium 'Stellarium' which many on here use to not only help in finding objects, but also in planning a viewing session. It can even give you an idea of what you will be able to see through your own scope. Downloadable here: http://stellarium.org/

Hope that helps,

Martin

Edited by HIP3802
  • Like 2

Beware, telescopes have the habit of sprouting larger and more expensive versions of themselves.  You know you're mad when you have to move house to accommodate all your scopes and astro gear!

• Like 2