Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Hi all

sidney896

Thanks! Already got the 150 on order rather than the bigger one. Got some bits an pieces

Looking a forward to learning the skies already!

Book ordered too, thanks for advice. Appreciated.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks! Already got the 150 on order rather than the bigger one. Got some bits an pieces

Looking a forward to learning the skies already!

Book ordered too, thanks for advice. Appreciated.

Yay! Top scope!  Loads of fun (and cloudy night frustration) to be had.  I'm in a similar place to you; been yearning to go astro for ages, wife helped on a birthday.

Half the fun seems ( to me ) to be the book-learning bit; it's just lots of dots unless you know what you're looking at, and that's what makes it worth looking.

Clear skies, it's the same void that we're all staring into, eh? m

Hi, Sid, and a warm welcome to SGL! If you haven't done already I can recommend downloading the free planetarium 'Stellarium' which many on here use to not only help in finding objects, but also in planning a viewing session. It can even give you an idea of what you will be able to see through your own scope. Downloadable here: http://stellarium.org/

Hope that helps,

Martin

Archived