SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Which One's The North Star???

justlooking

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yet another Silver Gazer here - 52 and only started this year. You're never too old to get into this fascinating subject - Welcome and enjoy the support and banter that this forum gives us all

Hi Justlooking, great handle :)

I'm 50 this year but I did approximately 94.4762% of my astronomy learning as a boy so I only expend mental effort in keeping up with new stuff.

Interestingly, the biggest advances in practical amateur astronomy are in the field instrumentation. Telescopes and imaging equipment etc. Coming back to it after a 10 year or so hiatus I'm feeling like a newbie myself!

The stars and planets haven't changed but our technology has bounded forwards. We're all learning something new. You'll soon catch up :D

Welcome to SGL.

I actually got into physics and astronomy during my days in the army. I was in Green Slime so got to play with satellite imagery a little, which got the ball rolling!

Kind regards from Lincolnshire,

Andrew

Welcome to the forums, as long as you can look up (relatively speaking) astronomy doesn't care who, what or when you are...now, the clouds, totally different, watch out for them, very cunning bunch, they are our sworn enemy! :)

Archived