150P-DS Extra Eyepieces

DanLXIX

Just got my new 150P-DS. It came with a 28mm eyepiece so I'm going to get a couple more - I was thinking BST 8mm and 18mm.

My question is, do I get a Barlow as well or go for a 3rd eyepiece, and if so would I be better going for something like a 5mm?

Hi Dan, your choices of the BST 8mm and 18mm are sound.  However, I would not get a Barlow yet and resist the temptation for going for too much magnification.  First, see how you get on with the new eyepieces, personally I usually find the 8mm hits the right spot with not too much magnification.  The 28mm 'LET' ep that came with the scope is a good one, especially for DSO's, and quite sharp across the field, and also, I feel that the AFoV of 56 degrees is quite understated.  I compared it to my Meade 5000 Series 68 degree and honestly couldn't tell the difference, as a result a placed a report on it on the FLO retail website.  Good luck with your choices!

Archived