Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Meteorite Narrowly Misses Sky Diver....

laser_jock99

I have packed my own chute 23 times and as I'm still typing it means I did it right

there is no way you would pack a rock by accident and you would know it was there

Oh I'm a little more careful when packing I trace every separate line to make sure there is no twists

on both left and right, and more careful with my folding and line stacking than is shown in the video

but after my 3rd free fall using a pre packed rig I had a foul up and opened with a twisted line that I recovered

and kicked my way out of (my training taught me what to do) I landed on target

no sane skydiver would ever risk a failure by putting a rock in his rig

clear skies are great for both my major hobbies

though I have to go abroad to do paragliding as the uk weather is just as bad for that hobby as it is for Astronomy, mostly Rubbish

I agree with the care needed and I still cant see how a rock of that size would get into a canopy and not be noticed.

I did a few jumps (RAPS progression) many years ago, and our packing was ALWAYS supervised. Canopies were always packed in a clean area inside the hanger and our Rigger was (rightly so0 a stickler for line checks and folding.

I've had line twists twice...once they twisted right down to the risers almost behind my head. I should've cut away but I though that the twists might have fouled up the risers. A lot of vigorous kicking got them cleared eventually.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

this thread has reminded me of this video from 10 years ago

we went to Turkey on Holiday to a resort known for paragliding

this was my Birthday present for my sons 14th Birthday, I booked a tandem flight for him with my instructor 

we ended up doing 8 flights in 12 days, and I even took my youngest son up at 7 years old on our last day

best holiday I ever had, I did my club license in a single week and some of the best flights I have ever had

Looks like Oludeniz, spent a day watching people Paragliding from the beach many years ago...wish I had tried it now.

Archived