Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Kielder Autumn Event

no moonshine?

lets no jump to conclusions so quickly,

i mean if it is clear then on Saturday at 5pm then there will be moonshine for a brief spell after the sun has set,

OK so it will still be light but moonshine none the less

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

no moonshine?

lets no jump to conclusions so quickly,

i mean if it is clear then on Saturday at 5pm then there will be moonshine for a brief spell after the sun has set,

OK so it will still be light but moonshine none the less

I was, of course, refering to the self distilled moonshine alcohol or hooch as it is often referred to.

Steve

LOL!!!

Thanks guys - just had a nasty thought of turning up with "the bungalow" and finding room for pup!!!

Jamie - I assume (hope) that Steve and I will be welcome at the Party Tent?

Well i cant wait for this, hope the weather holds up. While reading the forum i saw some photos of a previous starparty and noticed that everyone seemed to have their tripods placed on wood blocks,

http://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=aV1umtV0

moz-screenshot.jpg

now after seeing the photos its pretty obvious why they have done that but it made me think, is there anything else i should bring that i might not have thought of?

Well i cant wait for this, hope the weather holds up. While reading the forum i saw some photos of a previous starparty and noticed that everyone seemed to have their tripods placed on wood blocks,

http://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=aV1umtV0

moz-screenshot.jpg

now after seeing the photos its pretty obvious why they have done that but it made me think, is there anything else i should bring that i might not have thought of?

These blocks were provided by the organisers so no need to take your own. I would advise a good pair of wellies and a bath tub ground sheet tent if it rains as much as it has done in the past :D

Regards

Kevin

If you haven't practised with it, practise until you have it down to a fine art, put the poles together first then unroll the tent and install the poles. Then haul the fly on. If you can't get a break in the rain, put it up when it lets up a little. A little rain inside a tent won't be a big deal once you get the tent up taut and your kit rolled out.

You might get 30 ~ 40 in the pub trying ot get fed at night, but I think that 100 people would be a conservative estimate, IMO based on my 1st visit in spring of this year.

Cant wait to get back................

Gary

well ive told my son that it will be absolutely freezing and other than looking through scopes there wont be anything for him to do and that once we are there im not leaving till Sunday and he still wants to come.

Until he arrives at least . . . . .

Archived