Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_lunar_landings.thumb.jpg.b50378d0845690d8a03305a49923eb40.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
Tinkerbell

Kielder Autumn Event

really looking forward to going to kielder, however by 14'' LX200 done you mean the scopes in the observatory at kielder? or something else

Hi Alasdair,

I'm guessing that'll be up at the observatory, although there's usually a fair few BIG scopes at Kielder. You're gonna love it, the skies are brilliant (assuming it's not raining).

Cheers, Martin

You b*gger Martin ! you've gone and done it now ! Just e-mailed Richard about a leccy hook-up for Thurs , Fri and Sat night. :shocked::lol:

Wife wasn't too impressed , not too miffed either so things might not be quite as bad as I'd previously thought. Pray for me and the weather.

Karlo

I can shee cashiopeeeaahh!

I remember saying that too, the view lasted for about 3 seconds if I remember :shocked:

Look forward to seeing you again Karlo, I'll be there Thur, Fri, Sat night on the lecky side :lol:

We could do with some SGL flags to hang off our tents / caravans.

Ian

Think I will book up for the first 2 nights then. My lass seems to have given me the nod. Scary thing is, the address to send the form 2 is about half a mile away from me . . . I can save the cost of a stamp :shocked:.

Not being funny, is electric hookup allowed for tents? Or is it for caravans only?

Hookup is available for tents as well, though you will need a suitable adapter.

Steve..

If you need an adapter get to Aldi quick !! Proper Camping/caravan 3x socket RCD protected 49.00 + loads of cable !!

Hope to see you there Ian, Just spoken to Bruce and he's up for it again. Groundhog day !!! Don't forget your earplugs and oil radiator !! :shocked::lol::) DVD's, Scotch, beer, wine, BBQ......................

To follow on from Steve's advice, here's a suitable adaptor;

http://www.intertent.co.uk/product_57-7-56_Single-Mobile-Mains-Kit.htm

I thought I post a link as the price of these can come as a bit of a shock. They definitely aren't cheap, but a built in RCD at the tent end is essential, it (hopefully) prevents you being electrocuted should your tent leak :shocked:

Ian

Hope to see you there Ian, Just spoken to Bruce and he's up for it again. Groundhog day !!! Don't forget your earplugs and oil radiator !! :shocked::lol::) DVD's, Scotch, beer, wine, BBQ......................

I've got the earplugs etc, but don't have room for a radiator :D At the spring party we had a 2kW fan heater, it was -6C outside at 2am and I swear it was colder in the tent than outside :lol:

Ian

You b*gger Martin ! you've gone and done it now ! Just e-mailed Richard about a leccy hook-up for Thurs , Fri and Sat night. :shocked::lol:

Wife wasn't too impressed , not too miffed either so things might not be quite as bad as I'd previously thought. Pray for me and the weather.

Excellent!

Sheesh, the offer of free beer was too much then? I'm there the same nights so we'll get a few drinks in. Let's hope it's not as cold, or snowing, like it was in spring, eh Ian?

Cheers, Martin

Sheesh, the offer of free beer was too much then? I'm there the same nights so we'll get a few drinks in. Let's hope it's not as cold, or snowing, like it was in spring, eh Ian?

[pre]4970_normal.jpeg[/pre]

It was fun packing up in the snow :shocked:

Ian

Ah! memories of the good times :lol::)

Going to get my form sent off tomorrow morn' :hello1: .

Hopefully there's still some standard wee tent pitches left :shocked: .

I'm a terrible loner(intentional) when it comes to observing, so it would be nice to put some faces to the peeps on this smashing forum !

Andy.

ps: Does the local pub supply real ale :drunken: ?

I believe Mr Daz has sorted him and myself a pitch... my first Kielder, so be gentle with me :shocked:

Will have to find a fan heater or oil heater, that looks COLD....

ps: Does the local pub supply real ale :drunken: ?

Oh yes! The beer is good but the food is fantastic!

SteveL and Daz, be good to meet you guys as well.

Cheers, Martin

http://www.intertent.co.uk/product_466-7-56_Royal-Triple-Mobile-Mains-Kit.htm

This is pretty much the same as is available from Aldi but as I said only 49.00 !!

Jeez, I'm having 2nd thoughts already :shocked::lol::) SNOWBALL FIGHT !!!!!!!!

Stargazing is a bonus really isn't it?? :lol:

The wife is now OK with me going !! too easy :shock:

Karlo

I have a fan heater Steve :shocked:

We'll be on the leccy end Fri, Sat and Sun - looking forward to meeting new faces and renewing friendships with old!!

See you there Daz, I've been booked up at the Leccy end since the Spring Event, hopefully bringing all the scopes this time.

Steve..

Daz, will you protect me from Jamie? I dont want to end up being thrown onto the local pub fire :shocked:

Just can't let it go can they.......................Hmph!!!!

getting giddy already, even started thinking how best to to organise the packing this time :shock: :oops: :shocked: and checking Starry Night !

Talk about wishing my life away....

Away at Bude next weekend for a few days - can't wait for it!

Back down again beginning of August for 10 days - can't wait for that!!

Kelling end of September - really can't wait for that!!!

And now Kielder - most definitely can't wait for that!!!!

:shocked::lol:

You sound like a kid in a candie shop Daz...............great isn't it.

Steve..