Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_comet_46p_winners.thumb.jpg.b3d48fd93cbd17bff31f578b27cc6f0d.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
Tinkerbell

Kielder Autumn Event

Looks like word has been spreading fast, all the hard standings for this event have just about sold out and the electric hook ups are going fast. So don't hang about get in early to avoid disappointment. :shock:

I enjoyed the spring event alot, iit was my first star camp, so have booked for october already............... :( There wont be a lot of oppertunity for observing for me over the summer so I am really looking forward to it.

Gary

At Kielder we went from one extreme to the next weather wise.

Panoramic

4996_large.jpeg

5256_large.jpeg

Come prepared i say (if thats possible)

Where is Kielder exactly? Is Kelling Heath in Norfolk? I'll have to get to one of these things.

It's right on the border with Scotland, not too far from Newcastle.

Lo Everyone

Time for a little update.

All hard standings are booked so there is now a waiting list for them. :(

Electric Hook-ups are going well and there are still a few left but not many. :angry:

Non Hook-ups are going well but there are still plenty to be had. :)

Hope to see plenty of You there :p

Am new on here and never been to an event like this, is it possible to turn up and view, do I need to book, not staying over, just come for a nights viewing.

Many thanks

Kevin

Star Party's are very friendly events and everybody most folks will be only too happy to let you have a look through theier scope.

The only problem with not staying is getting out! There is a no white lights rule after 8pm so you would not be able to drive from the campsite. Also Kielder is in the middle of nowhere (Hence the dark skies!) so not like you could park near and walk to the car.

Why not get a tent and come up/down to the event? I am sure you will not regret it at all.

Am new on here and never been to an event like this, is it possible to turn up and view, do I need to book, not staying over, just come for a nights viewing.

Many thanks

Kevin

Star Party's are very friendly events and everybody most folks will be only too happy to let you have a look through their scope.

The only problem with not staying is getting out! There is a no white lights rule after 8pm so you would not be able to drive from the campsite. Also Kielder is in the middle of nowhere (Hence the dark skies!) so not like you could park near and walk to the car.

Why not get a tent and come up/down to the event? I am sure you will not regret it at all.

Lo Kevin

I would have to agree with Craig's assessment. If You are willing to travel from wherever it is worth booking and bringing a tent as at that time of year travelling away in the small hours is a bit dicey if You are not used to driving up here.

Cheers

Well, looks like I have a pass for that weekend :):lol:

Hehe, we can all pass out together!!!

This is tempting as im off for the first 3 nights. And where are the booking details / prices etc? Im assuming its the email address . . .

I am suffering from treacle pud withdrawal...

JUst as long as the Anglers dont run out of Kashmiri Lamb, for that alone the trip is worth it.......... :thumbright:

Gary

Seen as I am up the obs most weekends and pay frequent visits to the Anglers, I can tell you all that the food is still absolutely gorgeous and worth the trip up there. :hello1:

Same as last year then!

Steve..

Hic!

Dunno what you meannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!

Seen as I am up the obs most weekends

really looking forward to going to kielder, however by 14'' LX200 done you mean the scopes in the observatory at kielder? or something else

personally i have the use of a 16'' LX200 but it's location is in the middle of glasgow and it sucks

Hic!

Dunno what you meannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!

I can shee cashiopeeeaahh!