Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Kielder Autumn Event

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My wife has just casually said "Why don't you go then". :shock: :shock: :shock:

I'm sure I'll wake up tomorrow to a retraction...

James

You really need to get some kind of recording of that or a signed affadavit to that effect mate. That's what I normally use :D.

Tony..

Were you asleep when she said that? :D

I didn't word that well did I! :D

You really need to get some kind of recording of that or a signed affadavit to that effect mate. That's what I normally use :lol:.

Tony..

Yeah, I know. Fortunately my daughter heard her say it. Unfortunately our daughter is, like any 3 year old, open to bribes etc so she won't be a reliable witness.

Anyway, I'd really love to do Kielder but things just keep getting in the way. Hopefully I'll tie it in with a visit to my folks up in Scotland.

James

But this is good news :D

Oh yes indeedy, the charm offensive on the L'missus is in full flight... If I can do both Kelling AND Kielder for at least two nights each this autumn, I'll be one happy chappy.

Tony..

Even I'm trying to work if I can get to Keilder.

But it's 6hours and 360 miles in the car for me each way - thought about coming up by train (but then would be able to get any kit up there). Still around the £80 - £90 mark though.

Don't think this one's going to happen. I could bring the family, but I think that it will be a little cold for them!

Ant

The Dalby Forest Astrofest booking forms have been sent out. August 8th. to August 11th. but Dalby seems to be too far North for most.

Anyway, I am thwarted again, as it clashes with my annual holiday booking.

:D

• 1 month later...

Character forming, :D We like to call it :afro: the colder it is the better :whip2:

You want charater forming COLD conditions then try PSP... Nov 19th - 23rd .....

I hope to make this Autumns event Kev, you've got some awesome skies when they're clear !!!

If I had to grade them outta 10 i'd put em' around 20 :D

Rich..

But it's 6hours and 360 miles in the car for me each way - thought about coming up by train (but then would be able to get any kit up there). Still around the £80 - £90 mark though.

For me in Somerset its 6 hours to Kelling and 6.5 hours to Kielder. I'm trying very hard to not think about the fuel costs... :afro: I'm working hard on getting permission for this one as when its finished I can drive on north for a couple more hours and see my folks! I also want to see if Kielder is as dark (or darker) than Devon/Cornwall can be.

James

Were you asleep when she said that? :afro:

I didn't word that well did I! :D

You really need to get some kind of recording of that or a signed affadavit to that effect mate. That's what I normally use :D.

Tony..

Yeah, I know. Fortunately my daughter heard her say it. Unfortunately our daughter is, like any 3 year old, open to bribes etc so she won't be a reliable witness.

Anyway, I'd really love to do Kielder but things just keep getting in the way. Hopefully I'll tie it in with a visit to my folks up in Scotland.

James

James I will probablly be going to this would you like to lift share as I will have a spare seat. I live near to Gloucester which you will be going past and you could leave your car at mine.

Regards

Kevin

• 2 weeks later...

I bet Kevin thought you were never going to reply to him James. :rolleyes:

Ron. :)

It has taken a while to respond :oops: I saw the post, was going to respond then got diverted to something else... thought I should at least say something! :lol:

James

Archived