Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

stargazine_ep29_banner.thumb.jpg.da7f3b163f7bd35187cb558b0346baf6.jpg

leelee970

Last Jupiter 1st April 2014

Well I think this is going to be my last Jupiter for a while.

I just managed to get three runs done before one of my Silver Burch trees got in the way (chainsaw coming out soon I think).

Clouds were rolling in all the time, but I was surprised I was even outside due to weather reports.

Taken with my trusty SPC900 with X3barlow on my 8” Orion Europa.

Hardly any post processing done – due to fact I’ve not loaded everything fully back on my P.C.

Lee

post-5674-0-43503600-1396430720_thumb.jp

• Like 2

Hi Lee, it's a lovely image.

• Like 1

I think it's very nice actually.

Please don't cut the tree, it makes me jitter. :)  I've got a similar one at the bottom of my garden, but I just simply move around it.

• Like 1

I think it's very nice actually.

Please don't cut the tree, it makes me jitter. :)  I've got a similar one at the bottom of my garden, but I just simply move around it.

I think I'll have a hernia if I try moving my observatory around the garden. :laugh: 

• Like 1

I think I'll have a hernia if I try moving my observatory around the garden. :laugh: 

Ah well, look at it as environmentally friendly hernia :D

• Like 2

Very nice image. it has been a pretty rewarding object over the last several months despite the conditions.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

Ah well, look at it as environmentally friendly hernia :D

Nowt funny about tree induced hernia - only just getting over mine.

typed on my mobile with Tapatalk

Nice shot Lee - got to make the most of these late Jupiters and any gap in the cloud. Have to hand it to you with that SPC - excellent result :)

typed on my mobile with Tapatalk

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By yelsac
      Just experimenting with Jupiter, comparing the two cameras above. Both pics taken through Mak 127 with 2.5x barlow
      1st one is SPC900

2nd is with QHY5L-IIc

I didn't really process them much but I'm amazed how much more detail is in the webcam pic although I'm pretty sure I'm using completely the wrong settings for the QHY5. Ah well still learning
      Interesting to see the difference in size with the same setup & both done in 640x480
      thanks for looking

• By Oily
      Due to to a combination of a change of shift pattern at work&a shoulder opI had last year Im reluctantly putting up my imaging setup for sale.It comprises of the following:
      1. Ioptron ZEQ25GT with custom made CWs and extendable shaft,custom made pier head adapter with materials to make a DIY pier
      2. SW 200PDS with rotating ring and secondary dew heater
      3. Optistar AR80S Dual Speed
      4. Modified Canon 350D with charger and battery
      5. Astronomic CLS CCD 2" filter
      6. SW Coma Corrector
      7. Astronomiser 10m cable(for camera control)
      8. QHY 5-II camera with guide scope adapter
      9. Hotech Laser Collimator
      10. Phillips SPC900(not in original casing)
      11.DIY dew heaters and control unit
      12.Bahtinov masks for both scopes
      Comes in a flight case and a few other bits and pieces that you see in the photos.I've attached a photo of The Witches Broom which i took with this setup,photoshop not being of of my best skills
      £1300 ovno
    • By leelee970
      Well, I managed to get out last night after a few problems (rain, laptop crashing, cloud).
      Only did three image runs with the SPC900. This is from the first one.

• By Rihard
      After a long time I've been able to capture Jupiter in colour and it looks like I caught the GRS!
      There were some odd settings in the "filter" of my Philips SPC900 that were causing the loss of detail and colour.  It's a small picture and lacking of detail, this certainly doesn't make it a jaw-dropping picture but I'm quite happy with it and wanted to share
      Seeing: Fair
      Skywatcher Explorer 200P / EQ5
      TAL 2X Barlow (need to try the 3X next time!)
      Philips SPC900
      Stacked with Registax 5
      70 % of 3000 frames
      Minor edit with Adobe Lightroom

Thanks for watching
    • By foundaplanet
      I finally managed to get my first image of Jupiter after having an spc900 for what must be 2 months now.
      It's from Nov 4, I used my 10" f4.8 with a 2x barlox and the stack size is about 800/1700 I think.

I stacked it with Reg 5 and then did a channel align in PS.
      Really quite leased for a first go and looking forwards to doing some more. This could get very addictive...
      Cheer for looking..

ED; all tips and things welcomed..

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.