Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
Just experimenting with Jupiter, comparing the two cameras above. Both pics taken through Mak 127 with 2.5x barlow
1st one is SPC900
2nd is with QHY5L-IIc
I didn't really process them much but I'm amazed how much more detail is in the webcam pic although I'm pretty sure I'm using completely the wrong settings for the QHY5. Ah well still learning
Interesting to see the difference in size with the same setup & both done in 640x480
thanks for looking
Due to to a combination of a change of shift pattern at work&a shoulder opI had last year Im reluctantly putting up my imaging setup for sale.It comprises of the following:
1. Ioptron ZEQ25GT with custom made CWs and extendable shaft,custom made pier head adapter with materials to make a DIY pier
2. SW 200PDS with rotating ring and secondary dew heater
3. Optistar AR80S Dual Speed
4. Modified Canon 350D with charger and battery
5. Astronomic CLS CCD 2" filter
6. SW Coma Corrector
7. Astronomiser 10m cable(for camera control)
8. QHY 5-II camera with guide scope adapter
9. Hotech Laser Collimator
10. Phillips SPC900(not in original casing)
11.DIY dew heaters and control unit
12.Bahtinov masks for both scopes
Comes in a flight case and a few other bits and pieces that you see in the photos.I've attached a photo of The Witches Broom which i took with this setup,photoshop not being of of my best skills
After a long time I've been able to capture Jupiter in colour and it looks like I caught the GRS!
There were some odd settings in the "filter" of my Philips SPC900 that were causing the loss of detail and colour. It's a small picture and lacking of detail, this certainly doesn't make it a jaw-dropping picture but I'm quite happy with it and wanted to share
Location: Cork, Ireland
Skywatcher Explorer 200P / EQ5
TAL 2X Barlow (need to try the 3X next time!)
Stacked with Registax 5
70 % of 3000 frames
Minor edit with Adobe Lightroom
Thanks for watching
I finally managed to get my first image of Jupiter after having an spc900 for what must be 2 months now.
It's from Nov 4, I used my 10" f4.8 with a 2x barlox and the stack size is about 800/1700 I think.
I stacked it with Reg 5 and then did a channel align in PS.
Really quite leased for a first go and looking forwards to doing some more. This could get very addictive...
Cheer for looking..
ED; all tips and things welcomed..