Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_30_second_exp_2_winners.thumb.jpg.b5430b40547c40d344fd4493776ab99f.jpg

lensman57

Just a simple question

Hi,

Has anyone managed to image tonight?  It is all murky and hazy in sunny manchester again. I am getting real anxious now.

Regards,

A.G

We had a clear blue sky for a good part of the day but as evening drew on it went cloudy with haze, so did'nt even bother to open obsy.

Not worth trying to image too much cloud and crud in the atmosphere, I doubt I could have managed a single 10min sub in that.

It seems half the Sahara desert is floating above us (looking at my car with all the dust on it).

ChrisH

In the South, as soon as it started getting towards twilight the clouds rolled in - as usual!

Peter

Murky hazy last night, could only see Jupiter and Mars through it!

Telescope stayed parked.

Hi

Continuous rubbish in Glasgow - not a glimmer of a star :( No forecast for any clear skies either :( I suppose April is traditionally rainy. Sigh.

Still, I've spent some of my time trying to figure out a better way of polar aligning - at least for Azimuth adjustment. Of course, I need to see some stars in order to try the ideas out!

Louise

Terrible here in the North East - we have had 3 days of murk and fog, and the forecast doesn't look any better until maybe Friday evening.   :sad:

I'm doing darks.......blooming obsy temperature does'nt change much though.......there is something about this hobby. :evil: :evil:

Edited by wxsatuser

Tonight I managed 4X240s of RED on NGC 4631 before the clouds parked themselves over Canes Venatici , Heeha, the good times are back. I was joking 4X240s, pathetic.

A.G

Edited by lensman57