SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

A Long Shot - Any Port at a Star Party?

DRT

Port an interesting tale.

A friend of mine caught a late bus in London in 1995 to get home from work, he was a bar manager in the City money area. He went upstairs for no reason other than to smoke I think and sat down next to a 1961 or 71 bottle of Dows port ( I can't remember but it was a vintage) in a nice wooden case and the bus was empty as it was at the place it turned and the city is dead at 11.00pm.

We drank it at his wedding, very nice it was too.

If you drink enough you will see some stars

Alan..

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For the record, posting links to other forums is quite acceptable, no issue at all - astronomy or otherwise...

The CoC says something of the lines of "do not post a message that says SGL Sucks join this forum instead".

We have no issue with links to ice In Space, UKAI, astrochat etc etc

Would love to try some port, but I'm not at SGL9 :(

We now have:

Derek

Grant

Ian

Rowan

Mike

Moonshane (is it Shane?)

Eddie

I am bringing the Port, glasses and a couple of small tables. Please bring a chair.

I think this is about the maximum we can cope with and I look forward to meeting you all.

Cheers

Derek

I have three nice cheeses , a vintage blue stilton, vintage cheddar and some petit pont l'eveque.......

and buiscuits/crackers to bring along if thats ok ?

not sure if the port is to good to be accompanied by cheeses so let me know as I dont want to spoil the tasting .

cheers

Yes please!

There are many arguments about whether or not to eat cheese with Port. My preference is to taste the Port and then eat the cheese whilst drinking the rest or the Port :smile:

Shane...... you dont have a 21mm ehtos I could have a nosey through do you. Ive never bothered with ethos due to eye relief for my specs but if I get a look throuh one then this may sway me ...... currently using full set of nag t4 eyepieces .

cheers

I don't but I have a 26mm Nagler and a 13 Ethos. I'd really like to test the 13E against the 12 T4 if we get a chance. and for that matter my 16 T2 against your 17 T4?

Archived