Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

10mins with a Delos 10mm

Marki

Just nipped out to take advantage of clear patch and to test the Delos 10mm I recently acquired (thanks Emad).

Only had a chance to vaguely target Polaris and then spend 10 mins with Jupiter (x130 in my Skylght 4" f13).

Wiiiide field of view capturing the whole of the Gallilean system, and superb detail and clarity on Jupiter itself, despite the earliness of the hour and the fact that the planet was just above my neighbours house in boiling air.

Loving the "green"! I'm beginning to see what all the TV fuss is all about :grin:...my wallet is going to hate me!

Now hoping it'll stay clear for a wee while so I can get some nice open clusters - any suggestions when looking directly east and south east?

I have bought a great many eyepieces and sold a few, the 10mm Delos is the one I wish I had kept.

I hope you enjoy you new Delos when the sky clears, I have had clear skies for three nights but it is Flu stop play for me.

Alan.

It has been mega cloudy (with rain and fog) since my second hand 6mm Delos arrived. Also from Emad.

I have only had one hazy, misty, dew filled night so far to try it out.

Using Jupiter as the target, my first impressions are good, even with the secondary mirror trying to fog up.

6mm is right on the edge of the 200x magnification limit,

So I need some crystal clear nights to test it out properly.

Mars, Saturn, and the moon await.

I am expecting good things from Jupiter, with moon transits and the Great Red Spot.

Congrats both. Reeny if like me you had the 6mm SW SWA 66 degrees I believe and upgraded you should be in for a treat with such an upgrade.  I presume the Delos will arguably even slightly bit better compared to the Radian with a bit more FOV to boot. The improved contrast and colour, darker background on Jupiter was more than just a marginal improvement to my eyes in terms of  seeing details that much more easily over a session.  :smiley:

Hi Alex,

I had the 6mm 66 degree SkyWatcher type SWA as a tester before deciding on the 6mm Delos, or a 12/13mm in the Barlow.

I needed to know the best size to fill the gap between my 16mm MaxVision (165x), and the 11mm ES 82o (240x)

The 66-degree gave me the answer I needed for £30, and is relegated onto the 3-inch travel scope now.

A 60 degree Radian would be too small for me / and I don't need 82 degrees.

So the 72-degree Delos fits in very nicely with the MV 68o and ES 82o eyepieces.

I just need some quality viewing time now.

Yes - It's my fault the good weather has disappeared Oooop North.

Archived