Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

SGL9 images...

NickK

Look clear sky does exist :D

post-9952-0-49970200-1396361224_thumb.pn

Whitelight foil, 3350mm and titan - single image only just stretched slightly to brighten.

But it means I'm going to have to clean the lens by the looks of it!

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's the best I managed although these are just taken with the 1000D as the QHY5L-II images all had weird artefacts showing after stacking. Not brilliant pictures as I don't do much solar so I dunno how you guys with DSLR's get such sharp images.

10153770_10152078114338434_1192876967_n.

10155288_10152078114923434_1638459152_n.

Think you can stack the QHY .. just need to add more points around the spots in registax.

It may be that registax is treating the OSC image as mono without debayering.. try debayering first (getting colour) then running registax)

Hmmm that's just gone way over my head Nick lol, still here's the constellation of breakfast thats found in the constellation of Lucksall :p

post-18576-0-15140800-1396433445_thumb.j

Very nice it was too!! :grin:

A quick messy Jupiter from last night before the clouds stopped play for a while, at least I've achieved polar alignment at last but the clouds did clear & we all had a reasonable observing session.

post-18576-0-29509700-1396434545_thumb.j[

Tich thanks for the solar view yesterday. I have only ever viewed the Sun through a frac so a stopped down reflector was really interesting. Did you see the very bright fireball about 10.10pm last night?

A good photo of Jupiter and the breakfast looks really nice.

Some good stuff here, despite the variable weather. I'm getting more enthusiastic about tomorrow now despite the rain here  :smiley:

I won't bore you with a photo of my 2 Weetabix this morning  :embarrassed:

Tich thanks for the solar view yesterday. I have only ever viewed the Sun through a frac so a stopped down reflector was really interesting. Did you see the very bright fireball about 10.10pm last night?

A good photo of Jupiter and the breakfast looks really nice.

I missed the fireball Mark but others saw it go over so quite gutted to have not seen it, breakfast went down a treat this morning & we did get a few hours in observing too so a good night all round.

Hi SGLers. Here's my first SGL9 piccie of our lovely Sun, taken yesterday with a SolarMax 60 single stack Hydrogen-alpha scope and a non-motorised mount and Grasshopper 3 video camera. It's a stack of about 350 frames from 1700. You never know, we might get a break from the clouds over the weekend like last night, and we've definitely had some fun :) Very patchy weather-wise last night, but still some lovely views and we had a nice little gap earlier in the day for the solar stuff, don't forget your solar filter if you have one! :)

13578724183_1960f29038_o.jpg

Forgot to add, the crescent Moon looked beautiful last night with the MkI eyeball :cool:

Thanks for the kind comments :)

Shane, the image is very different to the eyeball view. I think the eye and the camera see the Sun a bit differently, in H-a and in white light. e.g. in white light the granulation is clearer with the camera.

So it's really interesting to see solar sketches, where you are recreating the eyeball view, I find them (or descriptions) more vivid in a way when I try to remember the eyeball view.

The prize for the best pic so far was about to go to Tic h for the breakfast study .....but I think we have a new contender!

The chicken curry & chips weren't bad either but you have to watch out for Mike P or it might disappear in the blink of an eye...  :p

These are also from March 1st. Hopefully the clouds will part again today!

13622871833_cea52c724b_c.jpg

This is a white light image that I captured in mono and added false colour to. Taken with an ED80, Lunt 1.25 Herschel Wedge and Grasshopper 3 video camera.

13622962555_2213f1acd3_c.jpg

This was taken with my single stack SolarMax 60 hydrogen alpha scope, with Grasshopper 3 video camera. I inverted the image and added some false colour. Blue, as I am feeling sad that it was not sunny this morning and I did not bring any Vitamin D tablets with me :eek:

I hope the DSO folks get a chance to capture some photons tonight.

Hmmm that's just gone way over my head Nick lol, still here's the constellation of breakfast thats found in the constellation of Lucksall :p

attachicon.gif2014-04-02 09.49.52.jpg

Very nice it was too!! :grin:

A quick messy Jupiter from last night before the clouds stopped play for a while, at least I've achieved polar alignment at last but the clouds did clear & we all had a reasonable observing session.

attachicon.gifjupiter 1-4-14.jpg[

Not so sure about this one ... the stars at the edge of frame are looking decidedly eggy  :grin:

My moon shot from yesterday.. (people are probably sick if it by now lol):

post-9952-0-00511800-1396631277_thumb.pn

I was wondering what people were pointing their scope at! I need to sort out focusing but it's hard during the day.

Archived