Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Cracking deal on flight case

Guys, just popped into maplins for a few bits and walked out with a flight case as well, was £35, on sale for £25.

Full of foam (pre-cut in little blocks) that should hold the eyepieces nicely, outside looks good, with a shoulder strap, it is lockable but suspect the lock wouldn't survive a screwdriver?? Not likely to be out of sight anyway.

See link below;

http://www.maplin.co.uk/p/small-flight-case-with-foam-interior-n50fu

It's large, so guess I'll have to buy some more things to fill it, he he.

Cheers

Hi mitchelin,

The foam is pre-cut in vertical columns about 1cm square, with a solid uncut border that sits against the side of the case, there is not an additional piece of foam to form a base, so you just to cut each one off to the depth you need. I presume the best way is to pull the entire column out, cut it and push it back in to form the bottom for each gap.

I've not figured out whether I put the eyepieces horizontal or vertical yet, probably the latter, but it's going to look fairly empty for quite a while.

Cheers

I presume the best way is to pull the entire column out, cut it and push it back in to form the bottom for each gap.

I didn't bother with the cutting bit. Just make sure that the blocks you want to form the 'hole' are separated from the blocks around them, and then squish them down.

Archived