1564402927_Comet2021Banner.jpg.a8d9e102cd65f969b635e8061096d211.jpg

SGL9 Workshops

Grant

Hi all,

We are going for workshops this year rather than talks so they will be a little more informal and more Q&A style so definitely ripe for some audience participation :)

The workshops will take place on the main Saturday and are as follows:

-10am-11am - SGL Q&A Hosted By SGL Admins & Mod Team

-11:15am-12:15am - Sketching - Hosted By RikM

-12:30am-2pm - AstroBoot Bring & Buy Sale

-2pm-3pm - Beginners Imaging Q&A - Hosted By Spikey

-3:15pm-4:15pm - Collimation Informal Drop In Session - Hosted By MoonShane, Earth Titan & LeeB

Also, at various points during the day Meteorite / Fossil / Dinosaur Show & Tell - Hosted By Helen

The location is likely to be the event shelters near the welcome tent - bring a chair and a cup of tea along :) We will post up notices of any changes etc... in the welcome tent and event shelters.

Cheers,

Grant

• Like 3

As I have only recently joined SGL and am very new to all things Stargazing etc can I ask if the workshops are open to members of the public, i.e. people like myself who are not camping but very interested to learn and meet a few people etc I would love to see the Collimation workshop especially, as the thought of doing it on my scope is quite frightening.

As Luke and Tich have indicated they'd like to know more about spectroscopy.. I thought it would be good as a beginner just to take them through the basic what you can do.. I'm no expert (at all) but I may try to persuade alan and astrognome to chip in too (got to ask them first :D). Just an informal chat over a beer rather than a presentation. I'll update later.

as a radio ham,  (and i'm sure there are plenty of others on here that are also..), i'm interested in radio astronomy, so if anyone has being doing anything in that area i'd be keen to discuss.

mike

as a radio ham,  (and i'm sure there are plenty of others on here that are also..), i'm interested in radio astronomy, so if anyone has being doing anything in that area i'd be keen to discuss.

mike

Hello Mike

Would to have a chat with you sometime at SGL9.

Please give me a shout on 103, if you have got a minute.

Best regards, Hadyn - IOM

As Luke and Tich have indicated they'd like to know more about spectroscopy.. I thought it would be good as a beginner just to take them through the basic what you can do.. I'm no expert (at all) but I may try to persuade alan and astrognome to chip in too (got to ask them first :D). Just an informal chat over a beer rather than a presentation. I'll update later.

I'm up for the beer bit :evil:

As I have only recently joined SGL and am very new to all things Stargazing etc can I ask if the workshops are open to members of the public, i.e. people like myself who are not camping but very interested to learn and meet a few people etc I would love to see the Collimation workshop especially, as the thought of doing it on my scope is quite frightening.

Hi Sandra, you will be very welcome at any or all of the sessions.  Bring your dob along with you if you want some help getting it collimated.

Mike

• Like 1