Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

C11 Owners ( present, past and future)

I have finally aquired my C11 ........ back in Feb....I  am VERY happy with this Telescope ! .... After using Dobs for many years, the C11 is a Treat ! The image scale and clarity are very pleasing to the eye ! I have been observing with a fine 10" Parks Optical Reflector, for the past few years..... The C11 is the Best Telescope that I have ever owned..... I have been observing for over 30 years... I would also like to point out that every Celestron SCT that I have ever owned, have had great optics.... Also my MEADE ETX125 Mak, has excellent optics as well ! (it is mounted on an Orion Skyview Pro Mount with a Dual axis controller)... It took me some years, but I believe that I finally got it rightpost-15801-0-93607900-1396181475_thumb.jpost-15801-0-93607900-1396181475_thumb.j ! I love my C11 !

Mark J.

post-15801-0-32618200-1396181495_thumb.j

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I used a Meade 8" Lx5 for many years, then a Meade 10" Lx6, then a 10"Lx200 and finally a 12" Lx200.

They worked very well for me.

As my needs for spectroscopy changed I was forced (due to lack of space to the fork/base) to migrate to an EQ mount.

The 12" was tooooo heavy for any standard mount (bare OTA 17.1 Kg) so I, for the first time, moved to Celestrons.....

The C9.25 was a "dream machine" which I stupidly sold....you're allowed one major mistake in life (!!)

I now use the C11 on an NEQ6pro mount and for the past four years it has "exceeded my expectations" - the additional light grasp can make a significant difference in spectroscopy and the cost effective NEQ6pro (under CdC and EQmod) does a great job of giving me long accurate guided (using the latest AA5 "slit guiding" option.) exposures.

I recommend it to anyone looking for a f10/ f7 system.

It's reports like these that only strengthen my want for a C11, if had your US prices here or a good second hand market in Spain I'd be an owner of one by now.

If you do your research you can get a number of USA dealers to ship to England. Celestron & Meade prohibit the export of their products outside of the USA for the tenuous reason of warranty support issues. However creative dealers know how to get around these rules. The killer is the freight UPS charge which for a 180 pound consignment will cost in the region of $800.00 but is still a considerable saving. I still think anything which is imported from the USA gets the $ converted to £!

The only problem is, when you already have a C9.25, you wonder whether the step to the C11 is sufficient, or whether you shouldn't just go the whole hog and plump for a C14 :D

James

If you do your research you can get a number of USA dealers to ship to England. Celestron & Meade prohibit the export of their products outside of the USA for the tenuous reason of warranty support issues. However creative dealers know how to get around these rules. The killer is the freight UPS charge which for a 180 pound consignment will cost in the region of $800.00 but is still a considerable saving. I still think anything which is imported from the USA gets the $ converted to £!

I have looked into it over and over again and it certainly is cheaper to have it shipped from the US and more so if you go second hand. I've cooled on that idea now, I'd only be tempted if we went to the US on a holiday.

Heck just about weekly one comes up in the UK that if I was closer I'd gladly slap the cash in hand for straight away.

At the moment though I have until August where if I buy one in Spain new I will get the VAT refunded which sound alright enough and at least dealer support is closer to home.

May end up with a 9.25 though.

The only problem is, when you already have a C9.25, you wonder whether the step to the C11 is sufficient, or whether you shouldn't just go the whole hog and plump for a C14 :D

James

And there's always that voice that says the C9.25 is too good to part with!

Tom,

I share your thoughts re the C9.25.

I had and used one and was very very happy - it was excellent.

The only reason I've moved up to the C11 is that my wife bought it for me (as a long overdue "present")

I don't have many regrets (well - a few, too few to mention) but selling the C9.25 I think is up there near the top....silly silly....

Would love to have a 11 - but simply when ready to purchase one I bottled out due to the weight even bidded for a couple on ebay ....I just felt that needed something a little more portable and easier to sling in the car if needed ...

I guess my sissy muscles ruled the 11 out :p

Had my first look through a C11 at SGL9, very nice little scopes. Very portable and quick to set up too.

It was a fork mounted one that took only minutes to get up n running, impressive.

Glad you enjoyed it :wink:

Archived