SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Lenses for skymax 127-skyscan

Yup - I always recommend the Baader which I have used for years - and the Celestron is a very respectable good value for money alternative. If you are tracking then you can just zoom the eyepiece in. But make sure you aligned the scope and finder with the zoom at it's highest power first. Then any object you look at will be in the fov at all zoom settings. Slight focus adjustment will be needed between field stops. :)

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for all your replies, according to the post "what should I expect to see" I am already seeing just about everything I can expect to see with this scope. With this scope I can see on good days the cloud bands (transits) around jupiter, so I guess there is not much more I can expect from the scope. I still think that a zoom lens for a grab and point user would be a good idea though.

Archived