Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Can someone tell me what this black patch is?

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

one of two things  possible three. 

1: your shooting through a window i guess ( am seeing the reflection in the upper left quadrant)

if so your glass has some sort of smear.

2.: you have somehow damaged the fine coating on your lens , OR it is a dew/water blotch that you have smeared.

i would advise using a decent lens clean fluid solution so a trip to camera store is at hand. also a new microfibre cloth.

3. a water/dirt/dust mark on your main LPF in the camera. so i would advise a deep clean of the sensor and the filtering

this usualy means sending camera off for a propper service. 

i am putting my bet in either number 1 or/and 2

I think its something on your sensor or lens. I had some sort of weird sky serpent on my images the other day. I activated  the in camera sensor clean, no joy the serpent was still there then I did a full sensor clean, it took a while and still no joy My little tip is check the lens first its much easier to clean than a sensor. I'll  try and remember that myself next time it could save me a heap of time and stress

Archived