Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

Kokatha man

Mars in very nice seeing animation..!

Apologies for not being able to post this in the other thread of almost the same name.....I can't find an "edit" button there and I did want to "trumpet' this animation as part of that image set! lol

Check that thread out if you haven't already but here is a little 3-frame animation I made at 150% capture scale using WJ comps from that session - one of the advantages with WJ is that you can "mix 'n match" your image set combinations to get a fairly even timespan between frames even if you only have a few to play with in the first place...and they are pretty uniform outputs from WinJupos in the first place so frame-equalization is fairly straight-forward.

Hope folks like this. :)

post-3551-0-20983300-1395984379_thumb.gi

• Like 17

Great animation, I love the detail. You really have a gift when it comes to this Kokatha Man. *thumbs-up*

A delightful animation! Really can see the 3D depth of the volcanoes. Smooth and beautifully processed :smiley:

Best regards,

Ralph

Seriously good job..........the amount of work involved in animating, along with chasing the planet over hrs in a  single night, and have great detail is a fantastic job..........very well done!! Ive had some images of Jupiter id like to animate..........whats he best way, and what software do you use???

Thanks for the kind compliments fellas - not really sure what to suggest Dave...I employ a version of P/shop to create my animations but it is getting a good "equalisation" between all the frames you wish to employ that is fundamental to a successful animation outcome.

I believe there are quite a few ways to facilitate animations (not just P/shop) but if you can use WinJupos it is one way of ensuring the frames are uniform if you start with several images that have had only minimal processing (or just raw stacks) and then process the WJ outcomes exactly the same before creating the animation...

Superb surface detail especially Olympus M and Volcano Alba Patera which is hard to see.  Animations are hard to match up in terms of col balance so needs a lot of patience.

John.

Superb surface detail especially Olympus M and Volcano Alba Patera which is hard to see.  Animations are hard to match up in terms of col balance so needs a lot of patience.

John.

Thanks once again fellas: just to reiterate what I said to "wavydavy" (Dave..?) earlier, it is true that animations can be a bit of a p.i.t.a. unless both the seeing & processing is very uniform but WinJupos makes things very easy a lot of the time if you use it to create your rgb's...they'll nearly always create a very uniform output for your further processings. :)

Holy ****, Kokatha man!

Did you hacked into Hubble or something?

I think this picture stands in my top 5 mars pictures!

Very nice animation!  Mars has always given me a hard time, especially in seeing detail so I can only dream of seeing something like this.

Isabelle