Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Just finished my best session yet!

After the loss of a close friend, I was cooped up in the house for over a week. It felt so strange, even wrong, that the world just kept moving on. I've been feeling much more "normal" the last few days and even that feels wrong in a way...but the only way to move is forward. Tonight I finally had the energy to get the scope out again, and I'm so glad I did smile.png

For the first time, I was able to get the scope perfectly aligned. I did the two-star align with an additional calibration star, and polar alignment. My new Telrad made this soooo much easier! After that, the GoTo feature was flawless. I was also able to play with the Celestron eyepiece kit for the first time. Tonight I saw M42, M44, M45, and Mars. I was hoping to stick it out until Saturn made it's appearance, but it became too cold and cloudy. A wonderful first night back!

post-35832-0-55377900-1395981557_thumb.j

Good to hear you are moving on. Friends deaths are hard but in all honestly they would probably prefer you to get back to a normal mode of operation....

That looks like a beaut of a set up. How is the new dew shield working?

I have both Skywatcher and Celestron scopes. I like the Skywatcher OTA more than Celestron BUT the Celestron GOTO setup is so much easier to use.

Sorry to hear about your loss and these times are often great reminders of how precious the little time we have on this planet of ours is. Gazing in to the depths of the universe gives us a lovely perspective on this and you have a great setup to help. Welcome back

Good to hear you are moving on. Friends deaths are hard but in all honestly they would probably prefer you to get back to a normal mode of operation....

That looks like a beaut of a set up. How is the new dew shield working?

I have both Skywatcher and Celestron scopes. I like the Skywatcher OTA more than Celestron BUT the Celestron GOTO setup is so much easier to use.

It's an Astrozap aluminum dewshield and it's great :) No problem with dew, and I also love the way it looks.

Sorry about your friend :-(

Lost my Dad last year, he always wanted to see Saturn and Jupiter through my scope... Got one small enough to take with me when visiting... But too late.

I always think of him when I'm gazing now...its kind of sad and nice at the same time.

love the ally dew shield!

Archived