Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

stargazine_ep28_banner.thumb.jpg.b94278254f44dd38f3f7ee896fe45525.jpg

Epicycle

Leo triplet with SW 130PDS and H9

Hi,

to make the triplet fit in the field of view of the 130pds+H9 one needs to rotate the camera a bit, so the framing here is not great.

However, I'm happy with the outcome in terms of colour and detail. It seems that my camera is now squared with the focuser

(I've added a third thumb screw and it helped).

So, details:

-SW 130pds & SXVR-H9

-Heq5 and guided off axis

-mini SX filter wheel with Baader filters

-L=24x600s, R=G=B=12x300s so total of 7hs

-Processed in Pixinsight.

Small in astrobin with more details:  get.jpg

Big: get.jpg

Comments welcome!

Thanks for looking :laugh:

cheers

Epicycle

post-25876-0-51379400-1395944026_thumb.j

• Like 8

Another cracker from the 130!

Stars look good, no dodgy corners. And I see that like me,  you've have had to resort to modding your focuser to bring it up to CCD imaging standards. Now you've done that you can get a lot more consistency in your results.

Lets keep pushing the 130pds, a seriously underrated telescope. I think the only reason people havent caught on sooner is because of the problems with its predecessor - the 130P, which wasnt much good for AP - perhaps that just stuck in people minds a little.

Very good indeed. I think the reds are, maybe, a bit aggressive and might benefit from being selectively lowered in saturation but that's just a thought.

Olly

Another cracker from the 130!

Stars look good, no dodgy corners. And I see that like me,  you've have had to resort to modding your focuser to bring it up to CCD imaging standards. Now you've done that you can get a lot more consistency in your results.

Lets keep pushing the 130pds, a seriously underrated telescope. I think the only reason people havent caught on sooner is because of the problems with its predecessor - the 130P, which wasnt much good for AP - perhaps that just stuck in people minds a little.

Thanks Rob! The only modification I did to the focuser was to add a third thumbscrew which was simple enough. For the RGB I did not refocus between filter changes! Great. I run a script

in Nebulosity and came 3 hours later and voila all the RGB was there.

Excellent.

A.G

Thanks!

Great image, well done.

Thanks!

Nice work, how many 'sittings' for the 7 hours worth of capture?

RGB was taken in one night and L which was 4hs was taken over two nights (roughly 1.5 hs one night and 2.5 the other).

Very good indeed. I think the reds are, maybe, a bit aggressive and might benefit from being selectively lowered in saturation but that's just a thought.

Olly

Thanks Olly, good suggestion.

Fantastic image. I would be chuffed to bits with that. Well done and please post more.

Mark

Cracking image but im really jealous ass i`ve tried numerous times and still hav`nt been able to view these yet.

Another cracking image from the 130P, very nice indeed.

Thats a fantastic triplet, really brilliant :)

Chris

Yes indeed, another superb image out of the little 130... Nice :cool:

That is a first class image regardless of scope size but the fact that it is a 130PDS makes it even more remarkable!

Very good Epicycle, lovely colour saturation.  The 130pds seems to be a top performer in the right hands.

Barry