Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Mars in very nice seeing...

Kokatha man

A couple of mornings ago we imaged Mars in pretty nice conditions.....would've liked to rack out the amplifier to up the scale but didn't want to create issues for Saturn later in the morning - I think it's time for me to make the next version of my variable amplifier so that I can accurately "dial" specific f/l's in...will need a bit of thought to get an accurate means. :)

Here's Mars at a couple of different image scales via processing - pretty pleased with the results but hope for more around opposition IF the weather cooperates! :)

post-3551-0-64773400-1395909908_thumb.pn

post-3551-0-00020200-1395909924_thumb.pn

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My goodness Darryl those are absolutely superb! How Mars should be :icon_salut: . Where do I start....the colour and detail are fantastic. You can see where the polar cap has receded from and 3D depth to the clouds could go on but.......absolutely wonderful. :smiley: 60,000 frames wow! Truly peerless images.

Best regards,

Ralph

Thanks very much to all the kind folk who've responded to this thread - Pat & I really appreciate your positive feedback! :)

We've looked at the images via an HDMI cable into our 120cm widescreen tv and are now quite mesmerised by the way images appear thereon.....previously I thought they wouldn't handle the scaling but these looked no different at 200mm diameter.....and spent about an hour on the AA forums looking at various images posted via the lounge-room telly - puts a new slant on "Stargazers Lounge"..! :)

Thanks once again people - really appreciate the kind comments! :)

Stuart, FireCapture says around the 6.3 to 6.5 metre mark for f/l...these figures are a bit rubbery because I think F/C does a simple disk measurement and blue nearly always displays a greater f/l as expected, although sometimes red gives a ridiculous value..! :)

Undoubtedly, especially as this is the most favourable opposition we've experienced when imaging so far...well, it IS only the 3rd and although not much difference really in disk size from last time around Mars has literally "shot up" in elevation from this time last apparition around opposition: that and the uber-fast frame-rates of these cams of course!

Archived