Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

An Awful Mars & A Better Jupiter & Ganymede (Wouldn`t Be Difficult)

Virgoman

Hi Everyone,

Feel I should apologise in advance for this eyesore of a Mars image that I acquired on 24.03.14 - seeing was absolutely atrocious with it wobbling around all over the place, However, I felt I had to get at least something and break my duck on the red planet. A green cast is evident too which I don`t seem to be able to remove - easily. I think the white blob in the middle - among the other blobs - is cloud over Elysium Mons, using Calsky for guidance.

I am also posting an image of Jupiter with satellite Ganymede obtained earlier in the session. Seeing was poor for this too with Jupiter looking as though it was being bathed with waves flowing across the image on screen - this image is probably the best of the bunch.

Both images were taken using the C8, ASI 120MM with QHY filters and Revelation x2.5 barlow. Thanks for looking,

Best regards,

Ralph

post-4992-0-21299100-1395880931.png

post-4992-0-72186900-1395880959.png

I think they are both very good. I've been thinking about the ASI120 cameras but not sure whether to get the colour one and save myself the cost of the filter wheel and filters and have an easier life, or go for the better resolution of the mono camera. Decisions, decisions!

Thanks guys for all your comments - much appreciated!

Best regards,

Ralph

Many thanks Keith for your comment and clear skies ( with superb seeing lol! ) to you.

Best regards,

Ralph

Thanks to you all guys for your kind comments - :smiley:

Good effort Ralph! If it was too easy this hobby would be boring. :icon_rendeer:

Absolutely Stuart!          :happy7: <------Dodgy Seeing!!!

Best regards,

Ralph

I think they are both very good. I've been thinking about the ASI120 cameras but not sure whether to get the colour one and save myself the cost of the filter wheel and filters and have an easier life, or go for the better resolution of the mono camera. Decisions, decisions!

Interestingly, I have literally just plumped for the mono from 365 astronomy. Including filter wheel, £333 which I thought was actually quite good. I am fed up with seeing how good these 120mm cameras are, I have to be in on the action! :D

Great images, we are all our own worst critics! :blink:

My thanks to you: Darryl, Kingboya, Simon and James for your comments which are most inspirational and very welcome :smiley:

Ralph, they are BOTH good images and that is most definitely cloud over E.Mons - congratulations! :)

Thanks Darryl, I thought it might be Elysium mons - as indicated by Calsky - first time I have ever captured this!! Was just drinking in the detail of your phenomenal image again! One heck of an image :kiss:

Interestingly, I have literally just plumped for the mono from 365 astronomy. Including filter wheel, £333 which I thought was actually quite good. I am fed up with seeing how good these 120mm cameras are, I have to be in on the action! :D
Great images, we are all our own worst critics! :blink:

Great stuff and congratulations Kingboya. You are going to love it, look forward to your images!!..........Now clouds please go away :clouds2:.... :smiley:

Best regards,

Ralph 

Many thanks Martin, Angie, Jake for your comments! :smiley: Weather not looking too clever here for follow-ups :sad:

Best regards,

Ralph

Archived