Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Noob in Central Texas

TxHCBP

Greetings, all. I'm not only new to the Lounge, but also to astronomy. After living under these skies for 62 years, I'm finally taking time to get to know them a little better.   --    Just bought a Celestron PowerSeeker 127EQ after doing a LOT of reading and comparing online. Nearest retailer is at least an hour away, so online was my only viable choice. I have no intention of committing astrophotography any time soon (but eventually), so I thought I'd go for a 'scope in my price range that I could use to view solar system objects easily, and - later - view DSOs. The 127EQ seemed to be the way to go. I like the 'light bucket' aspect of the Dobs, but an EQ mount is a must for me.    --   Looking forward to getting to know you, and picking your brains to get me going in this new (to me) hobby.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi & Welcome to SGL..  There are plenty of brains to pick here, unfortunately, I'm not one of them.  The Forums & members here are certainly a brilliant place to  improve your knowledge.

Hi and welcome to SGL - Glad that you found us and decided to join. There's loads of information on the site and many friendly folks too. I'm sure you'll settle in well!!

Look forward to seeing you around :smiley:

Archived