SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

SGL 9 weather

mdstuart

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well tonight was better than expected! Some reasonable patches here and there.

Some nice views of Jupiter with a lovely clear shadow transit of Io. A sweet view of M51, the super nova still just about there in M82, some decent globs M13, M3, M92. M97 nice and bright. And the Ring nebula not too bad considering how low it was. Some good laughs as well. And one awesome fireball/meteorite!

Some solar imaging earlier in the day too, though I accidentally cranked the gain up by mistake for some of the shots!

Hello chums! Hello Sarah and Luke - fully expecting Matt to be as tall as me! We were going to start off early today, but now I've seen the forecast, I'm having a lie-in!

Got a day time and a night time hat, so I'm happy.

It's 5 years since I met Ian at SGL4...Lucksall makes me all romantic!

Just in case it's raining while we are there I have just installed MS FSX the acceleration pack and the VFR Scenery for SW England and Wales so if any armchair pilots fancy a trip around the Mach loop then pop in sometime....

I have setup the MadCatz Fly 5 on it as well ... not quite the same as playing on the desktop's 27" monitor but OK for passing a few hours...

Peter...

By all means pop over... ut you might haev to bring a chair - I I have  made sure there are a couple of fast jets on there as well... I tend to "fly"  X-Plane 10 as my flightsim onthe desktop these days for the sheer "eyecany"  but FSX runs nicely on the i5 laptop with the Geforce M card in it...

Peter...

Looking at the forecast for tomorrow, I'm now thinking of arriving earlier than planned in the morning to try and beat the worst of the rain. My friend doesn't leave work until midday though so I'll be alone at that point. So if anyone sees a smallish guy struggling with a tent in Hare in the rain, help would be appreciated ta. Despite the forecast I'm looking forward to it.

Dave.

Give us a  shout if you or your friend need any help I'm on Buzzard... Scalping and White Beard With  the Discovery...  I'm Planning to get there around 9am and getting  mine and Kevs tents up  then available to help anyone who needs it for the rest of the day....

Actually, that's really handy, you have your dob and know what you are doing, and I'm only just across the way, if it does clear I can wander over in my pyjamas :D  :p

I did bring a telescope, but only a small one, and no mount or anything to work it. But if anyone wants a gander just shout. It's the new Vixen VSD100 f3.8 quintuplet that I have on review.

Well.... Day 3: It was suppossed to rain all day, that hasn't happened it s actually nearly been nice.

Several of us have been to the pub just to make sure that all is alright there.... it is and then me and Astrognome found the cafe now sells beer, we have checked that too and its fine so if the weather isn't any good we'll be ok

Friday morning looking alright and friday night so far looking good so lets see what happens

Well.... Day 3: It was suppossed to rain all day, that hasn't happened it s actually nearly been nice.

Several of us have been to the pub just to make sure that all is alright there.... it is and then me and Astrognome found the cafe now sells beer, we have checked that too and its fine so if the weather isn't any good we'll be ok

Friday morning looking alright and friday night so far looking good so lets see what happens

AN was saying the cafe beer selection has a good selection of real ale and ciders.. 

Give us a  shout if you or your friend need any help I'm on Buzzard... Scalping and White Beard With  the Discovery...  I'm Planning to get there around 9am and getting  mine and Kevs tents up  then available to help anyone who needs it for the rest of the day....

same here, once my tent is up in Buzzard 47 (next to the Ewok) I'm available for tentputtinguppering

There were a couple of holes in the cloud about minight last night, just enough to get my polar alignment sorted out.

Good news is that the met office has now got Friday night as clear..... its an all-nighter!

Fill yer boots :D

There were a couple of holes in the cloud about minight last night, just enough to get my polar alignment sorted out.

Good news is that the met office has now got Friday night as clear..... its an all-nighter!

Fill yer boots :D

Sssshhhhh :D

Archived