Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

stargazine_ep28_banner.thumb.jpg.b94278254f44dd38f3f7ee896fe45525.jpg

Baffa

Leo Triplet and first light

First light with my new camera QHY8L!

Looks like I have alot to learn using and of course processing the data.

I hit a snag trying to sort of flats so there are no flats in this image, the background is really uneven and a few dust bunnies are hiding there even though I tried hard to cover up my misstakes.

For some reason I couldn't sort out the guiding properly, usually are no problems so I had to throw away lots of lights, only 12 out of 20 were of Fair quality.

So

12 lights with darks and bias.

post-17957-0-97402800-1395707305_thumb.j

• Like 8

I think I should reprocess this when I get home. I'm not used to pixinsight, almost more noise visible compared to a single sub. I was really impressed with the low noise when I imaged it, nothing near my 1100d :-)

Sent from Xperia Z1 using Tapatalk.

That's really nice Robert, especially considering all the problems you had during your image run!

What length were your subs? Also what focal length did you use? I'm wondering because I would like to have a go at this target and I'm not sure if it will fit in the FOV of my C8.

10 min subs, looks like I forgot to mention this ;-)

0,9 meter focal length, think the coma corrector have 0.9x. I cropped the image aswell.

I use this website to check fov.

http://www.12dstring.me.uk/fov.htm

Thanks for that, yes it pretty much looks like that using SW 150PDS and Atik Titan. Just need to get my back into the processing lol. The trouble is I take a lot of images and don't get time to process them  :huh:

So, bad weather turns into, trying-to-learn-pixinsight-and-completly-overprocesses-image-data-day ;)

Here is the results, still heavily learning pixinsight, many things are "over processed", seems to be a great program though!

post-17957-0-45679800-1395956274_thumb.j

• Like 1