Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

stargazine_ep28_banner.thumb.jpg.b94278254f44dd38f3f7ee896fe45525.jpg

I think that has come out very well indeed.

Just to make a slight improvement you could balance the histogram a little - The background looks a little green.

Nice image :grin:

Can I ask where you set up in Cornwall?  I have family in Cornwall, Truro and Portreath and am heading down at Easter with my imaging kit and was looking for a good place possible local to Portreath  to set up for the night. Some people say  "stay away from the cliffs"  wind gusts and sea spray plus optics don't mix, other that National Park car parks on the cliffs on the North coast make good seeing

As a Cornish person I was wondering if you could point me in the right direction. I tend to work out of my van so car parks would be the best option sorry to ask

Allan

based in Nottingham

Very nice detail in there, thanks for posting. I agree with the above - tweaking the levels to restore the blackness really would help (i've just had a quick play with it and it looks great).

Nice image :grin:

Can I ask where you set up in Cornwall?  I have family in Cornwall, Truro and Portreath and am heading down at Easter with my imaging kit and was looking for a good place possible local to Portreath  to set up for the night. Some people say  "stay away from the cliffs"  wind gusts and sea spray plus optics don't mix, other that National Park car parks on the cliffs on the North coast make good seeing

As a Cornish person I was wondering if you could point me in the right direction. I tend to work out of my van so car parks would be the best option sorry to ask

Allan

based in Nottingham

For the darkest skies down that area of Cornwall I'd aim for the Lizard or you could head up to Bodmin Moor which is also very good.

I wouldnt worry about sea spray, your not going to be imaging when its windy so the sea spray wont really effect you.

:)

• Like 1

Hi All

sorry for the late reply thank you for the coments and allan i am a member at tolcark observatory Grant is a great chap we have out club night every other saturday night and the next one is this sat

Very nice, what was your setup for that image please?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk