SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Jellyfish from the 130pds

Uranium235

The second part of this weekends haul from the 130pds, this time having a go at some Ha. - most of which has disappeared now as we move into galaxy season (where im hoping this little newt will still do the business).

A 2 pane mosaic consisting of the Jellyfish nebula, and its close neighbour - IC444. Oh my gawd, Propus is a right royal pain to control - and if this is in Ha I can imagine it being a lot more difficult in LRGB. I also seem to have picked up an odd diffraction spike - might have twisted one of my vanes a little (easy fix).

IC443 + IC444

4x900 + 10x450 (Ha) 2x2bin x2 panes
130pds, Atik383L+, NEQ6, MPCC MkIII

Calib: Bias and Flats

Thanks for looking :)

Rob

13367738185_d8400628ce_b.jpg

Stunning, looks fantastic, you should feel smug that you can achieve this from a 165 quid scope :D

Cheers :) Not quite smug, more like relieved to be getting something after endless tinkering! However, Ive had a little package from TS today - so there will be one last change in the configuration before I bring it to SGL9. If all goes well, it will replicate the freak results I got while testing the SWCC a few weeks ago - it managed a perfectly flat field, and I mean perfectly to the point of not having to bend the field or "snap to" when putting two panes together - which is something Ive never seen before or since.

Cheers :) Not quite smug, more like relieved to be getting something after endless tinkering! However, Ive had a little package from TS today - so there will be one last change in the configuration before I bring it to SGL9. If all goes well, it will replicate the freak results I got while testing the SWCC a few weeks ago - it managed a perfectly flat field, and I mean perfectly to the point of not having to bend the field or "snap to" when putting two panes together - which is something Ive never seen before or since.

Have you tried it with the Canon? :)

Not yet, its probably better to get it working right with the CCD first - I think I must now have every possible combination of M48 and T2 adaptor in existence!

Once I get the drill press I can re-design the threaded focuser adaptor to make it easier to rotate the camera in repeatable 90deg intervals.

Thanks guys!

There doesnt seem to be much chance of adding any colour soon - this week has been a bit of a wash-out, and im still under the influence of man-flu :(

Lets hope we get some clear stuff next week at SGL9, I've a feeling this 130pds will only get better under a properly dark sky.

Archived