Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Needle galaxy & friends

Uranium235

Last night was a bit of a late start, didnt clear up until gone 9pm so I had missed most of what I wanted to do (Jellyfish to test the 2" Ha) - so I was only able to grab about 45 min on that before it was just too low for my location.

So, time for a visit to an old favorite - the needle. The sky still wansnt quite right at a few of the subs picked up some cloud damage, but hopefully I got enough to make a decent fist of it (about 90min worth). Really could do with some colour for this, and the good news is ive just sold my old 1.25" NB filters - so Im faced with the pleasant quandry of either buying a 2" OIII - or 2" Red and Blue filters.... hmmmmm. :tongue:

It probably needs a few of the subs replacing, but I just chucked the whole lot in the pot - after all its just a test.

Needle Galaxy:

15x450 (L) CCD CLS (1x1 bin)

130pds, Atik 383L+, NEQ6, Baader MPCC MkIII

Setpoint: -25

Calib: Bias and Flats

No cropping

Thanks for looking!

Rob

13353724225_edbe292bc4_b.jpg

Fullsize here:

https://farm3.staticflickr.com/2877/13353724225_9d3ee5ac9b_o.jpg

Thanks guys :)

Here is a crop of the Needle, a bit of noise in there - but thats be expected given that the odd bit of cloud was passing through. I might add more tonight, but its back to work tomorrow.... so we shall see.

post-5513-0-69608400-1395589102.jpg

post-5513-0-69608400-1395589102_thumb.jp

Very nice! Can I ask what the smaller galaxy to the top left is? Might not even be a galaxy, but what is that smudge?

Thanks.

There seems to be a number of smudges in there that are not detailed in Stellarium, so I might have to get it solved by astrometry.net

Wow, thats awesome - thanks for the annotation. There is a lot more than I first thought!

It would be interesting to see how much the 130 hoovers up when I take a slice (or two) of the Virgo supercluster next month.

Archived