Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Astroboot at SGL9

hadyn42

Want to sell my Baader SteelTrack focuser for SCT.  I bought it from FLO during one of their clearance periods and can't remember why it was discounted in the first place.  

Still in original box, and only been used a handful of times so almost no signs of wear.  I paid £170 for it, so looking for approx £130 - £140 for it.  Don't want to bring it with me unless someone says they are interested in buying it. 

post-24939-0-73949500-1395760202_thumb.j

post-24939-0-80445000-1395760246_thumb.j

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does anyone have an eq5 mount that they would be willing to sell on by bringing to SGL9?  While moving mine into its storage place today it has snapped into 2 pieces   :Envy:   Yes, i'm not sure how it happened either...

Anyway, would be very willing to buy one secondhand - ideally just eq5 as I don't do electrics.  Wouldn't necessarily need the tripod as that's still in one piece!

Seems like the "fault" on my QHY8L is possibly more of a software problem rather than the camera.

I'm not bringing it with me now as some-one experienced with this camera is going to "try it out".  Once I know it is working OK I can sell it with confidence, so if any-one is interested perhaps they can chat to me about it at SGL9.

Carole 

Seems like the "fault" on my QHY8L is possibly more of a software problem rather than the camera.

I'm not bringing it with me now as some-one experienced with this camera is going to "try it out".  Once I know it is working OK I can sell it with confidence, so if any-one is interested perhaps they can chat to me about it at SGL9.

Carole 

Hi Carole,

Bring the QHY8 with you ! 

A gathering of some of the finest astro imagers with a wealth of hardware/software experience - we'll soon have that camera singing :)

Bring the QHY8 with you ! 

A gathering of some of the finest astro imagers with a wealth of hardware/software experience - we'll soon have that camera singing

Whoops, already winging it's way to Yorkshire.  

I might also be selling my Atik16i probably £200.

Carole 

Does anyone have an eq5 mount that they would be willing to sell on by bringing to SGL9?  While moving mine into its storage place today it has snapped into 2 pieces   :Envy:   Yes, i'm not sure how it happened either...

Anyway, would be very willing to buy one secondhand - ideally just eq5 as I don't do electrics.  Wouldn't necessarily need the tripod as that's still in one piece!

PM sent :)

I know you have sent it for testing  but just a reminder any items listed here are for sale/collection at SGL9 this thread is not an alternative to  the Classifieds section.

Yes I was just letting folks know I am no longer bringing it so if I am going to sell it once it's been tested I will advertise in the normal way. 

Regarding other stuff I am presuming members want a rough idea how much the item is being sold for so they can bring enough money.

BTW I am also bring a few camping items for sale now I have a campervan. 

Gas camping cooker with grill.

Camping kitchen, which is a 3 tier metal stand for putting your camping stove on and two shelves underneath (folds flat), which also had a wind guard.  Though if some-one needs these items I would have though they'd be grateful for them earlier than the Saturday.

Carole

Hi All.

I will bringing a Opticron 80mm Fieldscope.  It has a zoom eyepiece that goes from 27x to 80x. It is nitrogen filled and comes with a Stay-on-the-Scope Waterproof  Cover in Black. I will be looking for price something in the region of £160 ono.

Best regards,  Hadyn - IOM

I forgot to add this to my original thread, I'm also looking for a vixen puck not unlike the one fitted to the skywatcher guidescope mount or similar will be fine if anyone has one handy that they don't use.

2114561.jpg

Provided there is space in the car I will be bringing along the following items that I can be persuaded to part with:

William Optics Binoviewer with 2x 20mm EPs and 1.6x Barlow: The set comes in a presentation box and is in mint condition. These retail for £179 but I will let them go for £100.

Celestron 2" XLT Diagonal for SCT: Purchased for £169 two months ago but now surplus to requirements after adding a Crayford Focuser and Baader diagonal to my scope. Mint condition apart from some very minor scratches on the outer face of the SCT fitting and complete with original packaging, caps and aluminium flight case. Will accept £100.

Skywatcher Heritage 130p Flextube Dobsonian - Well used but in perfect working order. No eyepieces or packaging. Retails for £130. Will accept £60.

If I don't manage to do anything useful with my Orion webcam over the weekend that might be added to the list!

I will be on Buzzard Pitch 50 from Friday pm to Sunday am.

I do have a few things to sell after making a few changes to my kit, I tend to buy first then sell my old kit lol

I have the following, some of which I will only bring if there is interest beforehand due to the amount of kit and small sized car lol

# Skywatcher HEQ5 Synscan with handset, hitec astro eqdir module, cigarette lighter power cable, tray - mount in excellent condition

# Skywatcher 200p (black livery and white with 1.25" & 2" adapters, 9x50 finderscope, caps, mirror excellent condition

# William Optics Magrez 70 Semi APO white and gold with black focuser, excellent condition

# Coronado CEMAX 12mm, 25mm and 2X Barlow

# Moon Filter

# Baader Fine Tuning Rings (14mm and 28mm)

# Bushnell Erecting Prism, fairly heavy and good quality

# Opticstar PL-130C planetary camera

Happy to give more information on this on request.

If Haz doesn't want to split the kit. I will have an HEQ5 EQDir module to get rid of. Didn't post it in the thread because it doesn't take up any space in the bag. Mine's the old chunky one.

Selling my Skywatcher SkyTee 1 dual alt/az mount which includes the 1.75" tripod, 16" extension pillar and L shaped bracket. Selling for £125. It will be on display at SGL9 Astroboot - I only live 10 minutes from the site so members can try it out if they want.

I am also happy to split if anyone wants an individual item -

Extension pillar - £50
Dual alt/az head - £50
L shaped bracket - £10
Tripod - £15

I'll have a couple of finder/guide scopes for sale

Skywatcher 6 x 30 straight through finder with mounting bracket

Skywatcher 9 x 50 straight through finder/guider (no bracket).  Modified to use 1.25" eyepieces + T2 mount thread so that it can be used as a guider scope.

Archived