SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Astroboot at SGL9

hadyn42

Hello Guys

I hope I am not jumping the gun on here, but if I am please remove this Topic....

I was wondering if anyone is bringing any surplus gear to sell like telescopes and the like please to SGL9?

With being living over here on the island there is not too much surplus gear being sold off. I would like the chance to view gear in the flesh so to speak before purchasing.  I did buy a st80 scope last year and it has been a great little grab and go piece of kit.

Looking forward to the great event. I should be there on the Tuesday afternoon if all goes well....

Best regards,  Hadyn - Isle of Man

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A week or so out we normally create a thread where people who are attending the startparty can list  larger or more expensive items and their "starting"  prices  so that anyone interested can make sure they have the room and "funds" incase they want to purchase the items... 

The items listed  for sale are for  negotiation/payment/collection at the Starparty so the thread shouldn't be seen as an alternative to the classifides.

Peter...

There's been some nice pieces of equipment I've seen - I remember once someone bought along a Pentax spotting scope for sale.. lots of interest but because they'd not really put up a expected price ahead of the time people weren't prepared.

I remember one first timer.. arrived with one scope, sold it, bought someone else's and ended up buying a set of Baader EPs too..

As usual, we'll be having an Astroboot over lunchtime on the Saturday. An ideal opportunity to raise some funds for the next purchase, or grab a bargain on something you have been wanting!

So, this thread is to give people a heads-up on what you are thinking of bringing, so they can be prepared for space in the car, negotiations with the other half and to have funds ready :)  It also means if no-one is interested in your item, you might not need to bring it!

This is NOT the place to agree sales, negotiate prices nor is it a place to circumvent the classifieds rules. Anyone found to be doing so will be made to listen to Barkis jokes for at least an hour!!!

So I'll start...

I have an Starlight Xpress Off-Axis guider that is now surplus to needs

I also have some active USB extension cables - 8 or 10 metres I think

Finally, I have a small HP laptop Elitebook 2530p 3GB RAM, 110GB hdd, 12" screen, CD/DVD RW, 2 x USB, LAN, WLAN, PSU. No cracks or damage to case or screen, battery intact and functional - looking at offers around £125.

I've got a flip mirror, some guidescope rings a 90 degree finderscope a Meade OAG & possibly a fully flocked 200P, although I'm still debating whether or not to sell the scope as it can still be used on my EQ5 plus there's the issue of whether I'll have enough space to bring it.

I'm looking for an extension tube for my 250P so i can use it for observing (same size & length as a standard Skywatcher 2"/1.25" adapter) if anyone has one handy.

I will be bringing my HEQ5 and 8" SW Explorer for visual but would like to sell it instead of taking it home so that I can raise funds for a faster imaging scope. It will be set up for use all week so can come and have a look through it.

I also have the motor upgrade for the HEQ5 that I haven't got round to fitting yet but am hoping to before the party.

Richie

I need to make space in my house according to the wife (that's me! :D) so I will be bringing to Lucksall the following:

14 inch plate glass blank for mirror making - £25

12 inch plate glass blank for mirror making - £15

8" f/8 hand made mirror and secondary  - £25

Tabletop EQ1 which is suitable for widefield astrophotography if you have a good motor drive  - £15

You might have seen them before on Classifieds but I think it's only fair for people to inspect before they buy, therefore I closed the sales. Shipping was really bumping the prices up.  :)

I also have the motor upgrade for the HEQ5 that I haven't got round to fitting yet but am hoping to before the party.

Richie - I would be interested in a link or further info on this mod.

typed on my mobile with Tapatalk

Richie - I would be interested in a link or further info on this mod.

Ok, I don't know who Barkis is or what his jokes are like so I'm hoping not to break any rules posting this link (see first post) I think it is this one. I haven't had it out of the box so will have to dig out the invoice to be sure.

http://www.firstlightoptics.com/skywatcher-mounts/dual-axis-dc-motor-drive-for-eq5.html

Need guidance on this - I have a set of DDR/DDR2/DDR3 laptop RAM (2x2G, 2x4GB) that have been sat in my draw from upgrading. Just wanted to know if that's allowed (not strictly astro but may be of use to some astro peeps with compatible laptops. If allowed I'll put up a list.

Ok, I don't know who Barkis is or what his jokes are like so I'm hoping not to break any rules posting this link (see first post) I think it is this one. I haven't had it out of the box so will have to dig out the invoice to be sure.

http://www.firstlightoptics.com/skywatcher-mounts/dual-axis-dc-motor-drive-for-eq5.html

Thanks Richie, I think my misunderstanding - I thought you were replacing/upgrading the stock Synta HEQ5 motors.

I'm toying with parting with my Skywatcher ED120 Pro  :undecided:

It's a lovely scope with a Moonlite focuser but it's just not getting the use it deserves as my dob is just so easy to set up now. It used to belong to Tony (whippy).

If I decide to part with it I'd not really need the Ambermille Giro mount and CG5 steel tripod either.

Also have a pair of Celestron Astromaster 12x60 binoculars not doing much.

I've got a few bits I might get rid off if there's any interest.

• Canon 1000D astro modified.
  • Possibly selling my QHY8 - I do like OSC but I'd also like a larger chipped Mono and fund won't allow both :)
  • Skywatcher 200P - The blue tube version fitted with a Revelation low profile focuser for imaging - also got a Bahtinov mask for this scope.
  • An original QHY5 in black - perfect for guiding and also a capable planetary/lunar/solar imaging camera.
  • SPC900 with nosepiece and IR filter. 
  • Skywatcher 80ED with upgraded Baader steeltrack focusser and skywatcher matched focal reducer/field flattener plus dewstrap.

What am I after ? Well I do love getting in close to subjects such as galaxies and the smaller nebulae so if I sell the above I'd be looking at an MN190 or a C9.25/focal reducer combination. Open to swapping  few bits around as well.

be interested in the qhy 8, is it the newer version or the older version ?

It's the older version Rob and I've never had any issues at all with it. I've read about some of them freezing up the window but mine never has.

post-11568-0-89017300-1381307784_thumb.p

some ts 20x80 triplet bins looking for £50 they are cheap because I don't use them I have arthiritis in the neck and can't use big bino's on a tripod anymore.

An old celestron neximage planetary camera £20

A maxvision uw 24mm  £70

if I sell the eyepiece a skywatcher 2"  dielectric diagonal £30

I shall be bringing my DSLR coolbox with me, I'd like £100

wpad798292.jpg

Also I have a QHY8L I want to sell, but I have been having some problems with it so if any-one wants to borrow it to try it out for one evening before deciding to buy then that's fine.  If it works OK then I was looking for close on £500 for it.  If it's still faulty but some-one thinks they can fix it and wants to make me an offer we can do that too.

PM me with your E mail address for further info on the fault problem.

Carole 

Archived