SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

If you got a problem, and if you can find them, maybe you can call...

daz

.. on someone to help :D

OK, cheesy title, but here's the idea:

In this thread jot down a particular issue you might be having - eg Set Maxim up to Pulse Guide - and then some kindly person who knows how to solve your issue will (hopefully) make time to come and see you.

Put your pitch number down so they know where to go!!

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If I don't get a clear night to get my setup guiding then I may need some help with that using PHD an ST80 bolted to either a 10" newt or C80ED & QHY5L-II guide camera, also some help with Photoshop would be a real help as I find it a bit overwhelming.

Pitch 119

Anyone who can help me do something useful with my webcam and MacBook will earn themselves a very nice glass of Malt :wink:

Pitch 102.

Haha - hmmm interesting! I could accept that challenge perhaps :)

Hi, I could do with some really basic help please, like Polar Alignment, how to use Eqmod, cotrolling DSLR via laptop, what cables/connections required for all that etc.really simple basic stuff for most I guess. Any advice greatly appreciated.

Not sure what my pitch number is, but will post here once I find out.

Tina

Keeping my two kids entertained while i sleep during the day ;-)

seriously though, i'd be looking around at the web and Camera setups for basic astrophotography, so help with long exposures with camera controlled by laptop would be good ...

mike

Keeping my two kids entertained while i sleep during the day ;-)

seriously though, i'd be looking around at the web and Camera setups for basic astrophotography, so help with long exposures with camera controlled by laptop would be good ...

mike

Hi Mike, That's part of my role at SGL9  :grin: 

If anyone has any basic astrophotography questions then I'll be quite happy to help - if it's something of a more complex nature then I'll be facilitating putting you in touch with the right person to help in a practical sense.

I would be quite happy to give you a tour of the basics and answer any questions you may have around the hardware/software requirements. 

I could do with advice on organisational skills.......

Delegate.. just install a throne with beer on tap at the top of the pyramid and use the telescope to monitor the minions… although you may get sacrificed in the name of clear skies.. :D

Delegate.. just install a throne with beer on tap at the top of the pyramid and use the telescope to monitor the minions… although you may get sacrificed in the name of clear skies.. :D

Unfortunately, my Beer Slave has now grown bigger than me, so just says 'no' and slouches off!!!

Bleddy kids! ;-)

Happy to help out with basic terrestrial and/or astro photography, both taking and processing, the more people we can get off of the dreaded Auto/Green mode the better :) I'll have a full tool kit with me as well and I'll be in Buzzard 47 from Thursday.

Buzzard 47-49 looks like the SGL PhotoCentre for SGL9 :)

Happy to help out with basic terrestrial and/or astro photography, both taking and processing, the more people we can get off of the dreaded Auto/Green mode the better :) I'll have a full tool kit with me as well and I'll be in Buzzard 47 from Thursday.

Buzzard 47-49 looks like the SGL PhotoCentre for SGL9 :)

yeah, but us visual guys will be heckling and shining our ultra dim torches at you from the other side :grin:

yeah, but us visual guys will be heckling and shining our ultra dim torches at you from the other side :grin:

be warned, I have a 10 watt LED torch on charge :) Not only does it destroy night vision it makes a good impression of a light house lol

Archived