Astronomy Now Magazine this month - April

kirkster501

Some great articles this month.  A great discussion by Nik on M87, one of my favourites and another one from Nik on HDR tools in PS. Great article on multi- scope setups by Olly and interesting read on Globular Clusters and planet Mars.  Really great magazine AN, I think ti contains a lot more information that S@N which, regrettably, I no longer bother with.  My subscription is from my late wife and I will certainly be renewing it!

Steve

I'm just reading it. It is good. Saturn is un the wrong place on page 51 which surprises me as i'd assumed all this would just be lifted off some sky map software, and not dependant upon someone typing names in...

I find AN articles are more "cerebral" and pitched at a slightly level than the S@N magazine, but having said that i do enjoy both. There is some overlap of content (eg the space junk article in AN was covered a month or two ago in S@N) and in style/pitch, but i think they probably on the whole appeal to subtlety different audiences.

I'm conscious more of the adverts in both, and not sure if there has been a recent rise in the prominence of these or i am just more observant of them.

Jd

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Steve.

I tend to agree,as much as I like Sky@Night,I think Astronomy Now has a lot more depth to it.Far more articles,and a very interesting read.

I started out with AN,and will certainly stick with it.

I do like the CD,s with S@N, so for the time being I wont cross it of my list yet.

Really sorry to read that last sentence Steve,all the best.

Mick.

Hi Steve.

I tend to agree,as much as I like Sky@Night,I think Astronomy Now has a lot more depth to it.Far more articles,and a very interesting read.

I started out with AN,and will certainly stick with it.

I do like the CD,s with S@N, so for the time being I wont cross it of my list yet.

Really sorry to read that last sentence Steve,all the best.

Mick.

Thankyou Mick.

Steve

I bought Astronomy Now last month and agree that its content is satisfyingly detailed to the point of being challenging for a relative newcomer like me. (Not a bad thing) 

Just worked my way through April's S@N rather quickly and put it down - not sure when I will pick it up again...

Adrian

I like AN too, although I rarely buy an astro mag, unless I have a picture in it, although I rarely submit them :)

Very sorry to hear about your loss Steve, and sorry if you have mentioned it before, the forum grows faster than I can read these days and it is hard to keep up. Our thoughts go out to you and your family.

Tim

Archived