Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

moonlite & howie glatter

picked the fitting kit up from the PO this morning. quite disappointed  really i was expecting it to go straight on but the pre drilled hole on the baseplate dont match up to the skywatcher ones :angry3: i could only get 3 in so one hole needs to be filed out slightly, and i don't have any files :BangHead: because im on nights tonight i like to get a nap in the afternoon so all the tinkering can wait till i have my next days off which will be Monday. i also noticed that there's a small gap down the sides  so this will have to be filled with some foam strips.

Howie glatter parralizer. now im super impressed with this what a lovely piece of engineering beauty. It's just got a really nice feel to it and once its slipped into that focuser there is no wiggle! it holds the 17MM delos fantastic id advise anyone whos looking for a 2" to 1.25 reducer to get one of these well worth the £40

Dan

post-6284-0-06775900-1395480543_thumb.jp

post-6284-0-70587800-1395480595_thumb.jp

post-6284-0-01949200-1395480619_thumb.jp

post-6284-0-48057100-1395480641_thumb.jp

post-6284-0-34864700-1395480657_thumb.jp

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a HG Paralyzer and I agree with Dan in that its a fab bit of kit. Its hard to say if focus would be achieved for you Wookie, although on my scope the Paralyzer adds about an inch of travel, would that help you?

PS, sorry for jumping on Dan

\Steve

I have a HG Paralyzer and I agree with Dan in that its a fab bit of kit. Its hard to say if focus would be achieved for you Wookie, although on my scope the Paralyzer adds about an inch of travel, would that help you?

PS, sorry for jumping on Dan

\Steve

:boxing:  outside :grin:

i find i only need an extension with 2" EP's all 1.25" should focus without. myabe you've pushed you primary up the OTA by collimating. it may be a case of just unwinding the collimation screws back a bit

Wookie, did your focuser come with a 1.25 and 2" tube for attaching relevant eyepeices that attach to the focuser? Mine did and I bought a 40mm self centering adaptor that is a permanet fixture that goes with the Paralyzer. Just wondering if thats what your refering too!

All my EP`s  are 1.25" when i tried just putting the self centering adapter straight in the focuser i could not get focus i had to put the 2" adapter that came with scope to be able to focus any of my EP`S heres a picture of my set up.

post-20428-0-63799500-1395513840_thumb.j

Nice,quality equipment Dan,I figure you are trying to get repeatable collimation with the paralizer and then use it to hold your EP which should then be in great alignment?Awesome idea. :smiley:

Hi Gerry yes that's the idea. I was going to get the baader click lock but it's £20 more and I couldn't justifi that fo a simple adapter so the parallizer fitted looked like a good idea to. Although it has one brass locking screw its incredibly solid.theres no movement whatsoever

Shane as in (Moonshane) collimated it when he flocked it for me i just took a washer out and replaced with two plastic ones, had the scope to Liverpool Astronomical Society and Brendan Martin checked it for me because i couldn't get focus he said there wasn't enough travel to get focus with the adapter in there is, i dont think its the secondary im pretty good at collimating now ive put bobs knobs on make it easier.

Shane as in (Moonshane) collimated it when he flocked it for me i just took a washer out and replaced with two plastic ones, had the scope to Liverpool Astronomical Society and Brendan Martin checked it for me because i couldn't get focus he said there wasn't enough travel to get focus with the adapter in, there is, i dont think its the secondary im pretty good at collimating now ive put bobs knobs on make it easier. Sorry for double post dont know how that happened.

post-20428-0-90302600-1395517114_thumb.j

wookie and dan, thats not an extension tube, the scope is set to focus quite a way out from the main scope tube itself. My own 300p is exactly the same. There are 2 tubes that came with the scope that attach to the focuser, a 2" and 1.25" one. Each is around 40mm in length. If you dont use these you wont achieve focus.

I had the same issue when I bought the paralyzer and so got a 35MM self centering adapter 2" and use the paralyzer with that. The focus with some 1.25 ep's and this is often achived with little more than a few mm of travel to spare when using the HGP..

Both my 150P and 250PX are the same. They do it this way so you can use the EP adaptor with EP's or take it out of the train and a DSLR will reach focus comfortably straight into the 2" drawtube. For visual I use the 2" EP adaptor with an Orion self-centring adaptor in it. 

I really like your scopes new jewelry Dan ;) for the gap could you use mouse mat foam? I have a friend who swears by it for focuser gaps. I have the Altair self centering adaptor and its great for the money but its tempting to upgrade to the Howie at some point, did you get it from FLO?

Chris

Archived