Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

First image posted here...

bseltzer

OK, this isn't anything special. Just a little less than 2 hours (15X400") of luminosity data on M-51. Above the only thing remarkable is the fact that this was taken from my Bortle 5/6 back yard skies with the usual ~4" seeing.

http://www.astrobin.com/full/82456/B

I'm too new here to have a sig yet, so here's my rig:

AP900GTO-CP2

Deep Sky Instruments RC10C

QSI 683wsg-5

Baader LRGB filters

Software;

Sequence Generator Pro (Capture & Pre-Processing)

PixInsight, PS CS4 (Post Processsing)

Still on the steep part of the learning curve, so I'm wide open to suggestiions

Thanks,

Bert

Mark,

Thanks for the kind words. Yes, I do plan to add some RGB data as soon  as the moon allows.

You might want to have a look at my humble M-1 NB also recently posted to this forum. It isn't much, but I hope you enjoy...

Thanks,

Bert

Thanks sologuitarist61! I was frankly quite surprised by the amount of detail I was able to pull out a limited amount of data, as in less than 2 hours worth. Even more so for the fact that the skies at my home site are seldom better than Bortle 5/6, and it's a rare night indeed when the seeing is any better than 4". Hopefully I can hit another one of those rare good nights when I collect the RGB data I'd like to add. Post processing consisted of nothing more that DBE and a gentile deconvolution in PixInsight followed by some noise reduction and curves in Photoshop.

I realize this is an often done target, but I've never been able to do a really good M-51. So I'm hoping to get 'lucky' with this one.

Archived