Eye piece focus problems

Garethr

Brought a 2" 28mm eye piece from fleabay the other day for £25 and it seems in good condition 

Problem is I cant get focus on the Skywatcher 200p until I lift it out of the focuser but it works fine in the nexstar 130 is it me or eyepiece

Any help would be appreciated all 

You can get a cheap 2" barlow and take the lenses out... it would as an extension and move your focal length away from the mirror a little further... check out how many mm's that you need to focus and that could be an easy fix... or if you are DYI, you can make your own extension...

Brought a 2" 28mm eye piece from fleabay the other day for £25 and it seems in good condition 

Problem is I cant get focus on the Skywatcher 200p until I lift it out of the focuser but it works fine in the nexstar 130 is it me or eyepiece

Any help would be appreciated all 

Garethr......Hi,  just a thought?........When I first used my 2" Panaview, its so heavy,  the focuser wheels rotated, but the focuser refused to extend from the tube, so I had to adjust the friction  slightly to accommodate the extra weight! now the heavier eyepiece focuses correctly.

The 2" 'extension' tube that came with the scope is not really an extension tube, it is just a standard 2" fitment to enable you to use 2" ep's.  The only way around it is to get a 2" extension tube, they are available, so that you can get more focus travel, or alternatively, I use the Baader FTR's when I want a 2" extension, just the job! Just found the link for the extension tubes: http://www.firstlightoptics.com/adaptors/two-inch-focus-extension-tubes.html

Archived