Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

A New Addition To The Stable!

Damo636

When this little beauty popped up on Astro Buy & Sell recently, the temptation proved too much for me to bear  :smiley:

post-11833-0-79959900-1395338637_thumb.j

I've only had a single very brief astro session  (in less than ideal conditions), but early impressions would suggest that its a very 

good bino indeed.  Although by no means light at 3 1/2 lbs, it's fairly easy to handhold for impromptu (gaps in the cloud) sessions

and will also serve as my go-to daytime bino (at least until I can afford a nice 8x40 of some sorts  :smiley:)

Here's a pic of the growing family....

post-11833-0-40603700-1395341268_thumb.j

Nice Damo, you're turning into a right Bino-head. I've neglected my binocs recently. Must get them out again. How many eyes have you again? :)

Barry

Funny enough Barry, my next purchase was supposed to be a binoviewer for the dob, I've been neglecting it lately and now back to square one  :rolleyes:

You're right though, I have turned into a bit of a bino  nut  :smiley:

Thanks how do you find them for DSOs thinking of getting myself a pair of similar size, I use 10x50s on a horizon tripod

I've had some of the best views to date of some of my favourite dso with this binocular. M31 a little earlier in the year was breathtaking, better than any view I've had even in the 12" dob! M42 likewise, truly gobsmacking! The 5.5mm exit pupil really helps with the low surface brightness stuff. For example, M109 in Ursa Major is invisible all but the very best nights with the 15x70 (even then its right on the edge of detection), but with the 110 I can get it most nights (conditions permitting) with little difficulty.

Just as a side note, the 20x110 also has the best corrected fov of the three above.

Thanks thays what's I'm looking for in giant bins is the ability to track some other galaxies down Aswell as m31 and m33 which I've seen in my 10x50, m81 and 82 just don't want to show up for me out my backyard and I feel a 20x80 or 25x100 could be a great improvement

Archived