Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

80x300s on M81/82 and NGC3077

Russe

Hi guys,

finally found some time to give it a go at my February data on M81/82. Saw a pic recently that had incorporated NGC3077, which I had never heard of before. Thought it adds to the usual combi. Oh, and the supernova is as well still visible.

Hope you like it.

get.jpg

very nice shot ! and some good colour in there.

you've got quite a bit of colour noise going on in M81 though - maybe a quick gaussian blur on the colour channel or something ?

Didn't think of that!! You live and learn!!! Colour noise is what stopped me so far at stretching images further...

How do you do that?

just separate out the colour from the luminance as you normally would, I think you use PS (?) so duplicate layer and change blending mode to colour for the top layer, then use your favourite noise reduction routines on the colour layer (gaussian blur, despeckle, or there's a specific colour noise reduction filter somewhere in my PS elements, can't remember the exact menu path).  You can be quite a bit more aggressive with colour noise reduction that you would normally be on an image, because the details are preserved in the luminance

Archived