SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

boulderbelly

Hi folks

my name is David AKA Boulderbelly...I like my food hence the Nickname! I have been into Astronomy for years and have got into it  seriously since I retired in 2012. my interest is the planets, jupiter an all her moons and any Other interesting celestial bodies, I have seen some absolutely cracking images from other folks telescopes over the web and just bought myself an Orion starshooter IV to go with my Skywatcher 127 Mak Synscan Goto. I previously had a Meade 125 PE last year, but it hit the floor due to a faulty mounting Location screw on the polar mount and i wasn't quick enough to catch it..(&*^%$)  the air was blue!!.. I am now a bit more careful as i keep my new scope attached to the mount and keep it in the Bunker under a Protective hap. anyway so glad to be a part of stargazers lounge and hope to have many happy hours discussing the night skies. Clear skies to all!!

Boulderbelly!

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cheers  Folks! thanks for the comment Mark, my wife came out with this one in the pub one night .. and it stuck heheheh!

Being of the 'ginger' clan, I get called much worse daily (by the misses).........

Me Too Mark!.. especially when The Telescope  get's  mentioned! the missus just shakes her heid when i disappear into a Book on the stars.. but things are looking up...she's watching all the space stuff on Sky now!..MMM getting worried...is this my telescope going to be claimed too??  

Hi David, welcome from me too, another retired person.  I find I spend much of my time on learning about astronomy, as there is so much to learn, when I am not out observing I am on the PC following up things and discovering new facts about the universe and so on. 

Archived