Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

An open invite to stargaze

Hello,

A fellow SGL member and myself have become good friends and have been stargazing and imaging together as much as possible recently.

We've decided to get more of you in the South East involved and are inviting you to join us for our next imaging and observing session in the Surrey hill on the 27th of March.

We will head to Farley Heath in the Surrey AONB early on on the 27th to setup and be ready for nightfall (in good faith of the weather that is).

Please let us know if you're likely to join and need any help with directions.

Cheers,
Matthew.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How many biscuits does it take to temp you and your 20" dob to come and join us instead?? :)

Why not come join us at a dark sky site.

http://stargazerslounge.com/forum/112-sgl-surrey-observers/

We hold local meets on Ranmore common, and use a dark sky site further away. (Which I'll be at when the moon gets smaller)

I can PM you directions if you wish to come along. :)

Why not come join us at a dark sky site.http://stargazerslounge.com/forum/112-sgl-surrey-observers/

We hold local meets on Ranmore common, and use a dark sky site further away. (Which I'll be at when the moon gets smaller)

I can PM you directions if you wish to come along. :)

Cheers Steve, might have to hold you to that! We've looked at Ranmore as a location. A pm would be great if you don't mind sharing?

Cheers and hope to meet soon :)

Can I join you in spirit, I'm all alone out here in the sticks, just me, the owls, rabbits, foxes, the odd deer and a few buzzards for company.

If the 27th is clear I'll try for the same targets.

Cheers,

Rich

I'll be taking the 130 pds for imaging and the 250p for visual. I assume Matt will be taking his 200pds and his C6 mak. Your C8 could be interesting.

You assume correctly! It would be nice to see how the 6 compares to its bigger brother.

I really hope we get a good night's weather to make this all possible!

Hobsey do you happen to own a focal reducer for the C8? I'm wondering what to upgrade on mine first, be it a 2 inch diagonal or a focal reducer. I'll end up getting both eventually... then selling my se6 with mount and upgrading to the c8 :p

Archived