SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Finally done it :-)

Morning all

Well I've finally done it...all being well on Thursday I should be the proud owner of a Skywatcher Explorer 200p on a EQ5 mount, granted it is only second hand but condition is as new, I think I done ok for a first scope and price was not bad either £320.
Can not wait really excited even booked a couple of days off work so I can have a good play around with it get to know what does what?

I think the tricky part is going to be telling the wife :eek:

will let you know how I get on...oh and there could be lots of questions on the way :smiley:

Regards

JemC

The tricky part will be getting clear skies :)

That's a nice scope, one that a lot of us have or had and really enjoyed.

I myself had that exact combination and the views were lovely. Especially remember viewing the double cluster in Perseus for the first time. It was like diamonds thrown on a dark cloth, stunning views. One of my favourite memories.

Ant

Congratulations Jem, you'll find that it is a great bit of kit. I also bought my 200P S/H, the only issue was that the collimation was miles out.

Now properly sorted, it is an absolute pleasure to use.

Best of luck with the Mrs, at least if you are out in the garden gazing at the stars, she will know that you are not elsewhere gazing at something else. ;)

Rich

I also bought the same set up just before christmas, second hand and had to drive miles to pick it up but instantly fell in love with it. Its a great scope all we need now is clear nights As for telling the wife, once mine saw it set up she was actually impressed which took the sting out of the price I paid.... :confused:  Prepare yourself for the WOWS when your friends and family see it in all its glory

Regards....Geoff

I think the tricky part is going to be telling the wife :eek:

will let you know how I get on...oh and there could be lots of questions on the way :smiley:

Regards

JemC

It was nice while it lasted. Goodbye JemC.

jk

Archived