SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Hello from Southampton

Thewitty

Hi everyone!

My name is Brian and I have been interested in the stars for as long as I can remember. I can't believe it has taken so long getting round to buying a telescope but I ordered it yesterday from FLO. After much looking around I decided on the Skywatcher Explorer 150P EQ3-2, hopefully I have made a good choice.

So after 34 years of waiting I am now struggling for the next few days waiting for it to be delivered, go figure.

Anyway, looking forward to my first views and having people to share them with.

Cheers

Brian

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Brian and welcome to SGL - Glad that you found us!! You could download Stellarium while you are waiting for your scope to come - A free planetarium programme that will really help you to navigate around the sky!

Look forward to seeing you around :smiley:

Hi Brian, congratulations on your new purchase.

I noticed you are Southampton based, same as myself, i often go out to the New Forest with a group, where it is away from the city lights, this gives you a much better view of the heavens.......just make sure there is no moon about (unless you specifically want to look at it) because the moon can be a terrible light polluter itself, the Milkyway vanishing before your eyes when the moon rises!

Hi, Brian, and a warm welcome to SGL! That's a nice scope you have ordered there - often overlooked by the 200 - but it is big enough to observe many of the deep sky objects, and light enough to transport easily.  I now use my 150P for astrophotography. It is a very versatile scope, and I'm sure you will enjoy it.

Martin

Archived