Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

Metalhead

Last nights best shot

Morning all these are the best I could muster from yesterday evening just after dark

Celestron 127 Mak, Canon 650D , around 30 sec to 1 min of Video converted to AVI then fed through Castrator and Registax 6

post-35029-0-53897000-1395045205.jpg  post-35029-0-51108500-1395045299.jpg

• Like 2

Nice shots.

I managed this the night before...... QHY5II-L into Registax. About 200 or 300 frames stacked.

Probably over processed, but I was excited about my first GRS in colour!!

post-27396-0-58051200-1395146560_thumb.j

• Like 1

Thanks all for the praise , I have only been doing this stuff for a week or two. i was just wondering is this the best I can expect from my present set up? Not sure if investing in a CCD will improe the detail in these photo's or if I am pushing the Mak to its limits already? I would hate to waste money on an expensive CCD camera only to find that there is little or No improvement...any help would be appreciated ..Cheers Pete

Metalhead, I thought the dark spot near the GRS was Ganymede transiting the planet, but it looks from your photos to be a feature in the atmosphere...

..or was it a moon caught in transit?