Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Just watched the New Cosmos

M4lcs67

I enjoyed the first episode, but it did feel a little rushed... But then the first episode of the original was a bit naff, and corny, with the big floating dandelion seed. At least today, the special effects help to fully immerse you in the moment.

The second episode was much more interesting, and the pacing felt much better. More factual content... I learned a few facts that made me go "wow" and the CGI complemented rather than compensated for the content.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I see the adverts are back but judging by the breaks in the video we still had less of them than our transatlantic cousins... I hope they dont put more and more of them in as the series goes on... Glad I decided to record it...

Peter...

Badly typed on my Galaxay S4 in Tapatalk4

Felt the same way, pandering to low attention spans....I get annoyed with these shows as soon as you get a "coming up" "still to come" type preview. It's a science show, if you're watching it you like science and you will continue to watch it, why feel the need to spoil it for your core audience just to grab the odd channel hopper who see's a space ship, thinks "coo...dat nice......bored" hop. Science is not about short attention spans, so don't try to lure them in, instead save that pander time and use it in another show that explains short attention spans....that show I could understand "coming up" and "still to come" is probably mandatory...

Ooops...ranted...soz :D

Jeez I hate those shows. They waste half your viewing time :(

Jeez I hate those shows. They waste half your viewing time :(

They are a pet peeve of mine, honestly, I replied at length and realised I was in proper rant mode again. I will spare yourself and others by just stating my position as "Grrrrrrrrr!" :)

Yes, I watched the first episode and got bored with the cartoony history lesson about some priest whose name I have already forgotten. Not a patch on the Brian Cox stuff or countless Horizon specials over the years we have had in the UK. I didn't see the original series, so can't compare, but you know what? I'll probably still watch it on cloudy nights just to get my fix of astro knowledge. I live in Scotland, so there will be plenty of cloudy nights!

Archived