Narrowband

Scope out & cooling........

laser_jock99

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't fancy the chances tonight.  It's been beautiful here today, but I can see cloud absolutely tearing in across the Severn Estuary and the north end of the Quantocks right now and much the same to the south west.  I think we're just in a lucky gap here for the moment.  I don't imagine it will last too long.

James

Same here Jock.

But typically as dusk approaches I've got 100% solid grey above and what looks like another fog bank forming over the fields.

At least the birds are all singing away.

I'll know in another hour.

I have left mine out from todays solar action hoping to catch the moon when it rises high enough. Not much else though planned, I'll watch that Channel 4 thing, ninja a few moon shots and then call it a night I think.

Ganymede is transiting now, shadow transit starts at 22:06UT

The GRS is transiting now.

Io starts to transit at 21:07UT, shadow transit starts at 22:23UT

Best of luck to all who have clear skies......

Timing also depends on whether they're allowing for the light to travel back from Jupiter to here.  From memory we see it from Earth about 30 minutes after it happens.

James

I don't fancy the chances tonight.  It's been beautiful here today, but I can see cloud absolutely tearing in across the Severn Estuary and the north end of the Quantocks right now and much the same to the south west.  I think we're just in a lucky gap here for the moment.  I don't imagine it will last too long.

And the cloud has now arrived, in volume.  Judging by the direction and the huge mass of cloud parked over the Atlantic earlier today I reckon you've done well if you get any observing in tonight in the UK.

James

Archived