SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

17.3MM delos incoming

Daniel-K

the other day i posted an ad on ABS for a 17.3mm Delos a long shot i know but talk about timing. i got email on friday from a chap saying he has one thats less than 12months old. he sent me email this morning with his phone number to talk about the details. rang the chap this afternoon strangely he's been using it for birding in an TV85 :eek:  he said he had no idea how good they where for astronomy! or how much they are worth. i think i got a good price compared to the new one :D should be here tuesday :) thats it no more now :rolleyes:  honest.....overtime next week :p

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes from the reviews ive read it sounds like a good move. dont get me wrong the 18mm ES 82* gave me some great views and super contrast  but after looking through faulksy's EP's and seeing how much tighter the stars where on the edge of the field i couldnt say no :D

You may aswell take a sleeping bag to work becasue your not going to be happy until you've got the rest of the Delos range now!!  :grin:

If you like 70˚ you wont find better. :)

swear to god dont let me look through calv's or steves ETHOS'S :eek:  when we goto the LYNN

Your safe I've not got any. Mine are all Naglers ;)

It's Cal with the Ethoi, ethoses, ethos's???? Stupid name for an eyepiece anyway :)

there like the plague, ive not even looked through my 13MM Nagler yet and just bought a delos hummm.....

there like the plague, ive not even looked through my 13MM Nagler yet and just bought a delos hummm.....

I think the only way to find out what EP's suit you is to try them, everyone has different tastes in how much FoV they like but it aint cheap when you get on that slippery green slope is it?!  :grin:

You may aswell take a sleeping bag to work becasue your not going to be happy until you've got the rest of the Delos range now!!  :grin:

If you like 70˚ you wont find better. :)

I have you to thank for this Mike !  Cheers mate :grin:

Now I need at least the 10mm, then maybe the........and the........& a .......

That lovely huge round shiny disc of glass is beautiful.....its not normal being in love with glass is it?....really,  i have made a fool of myself   :hiding:                  :icon_redface: 

hummm indeed. Not much of a gap between those when all's said and done. I find the jump between 13mm and 20mm or 22mm no problem. 

You might decide to let one go to get more effective spacing in your set. Still you can try and see now.

Congratulations on the new eyepiece Daniel. Just to back-up the eyepieces are not for everyone, I loaned my 13mm Ethos to my friend who is an astronomical dealer, he can't stand it, he likes the Pentax XW range.

Alan.

yeah i agree i know a few people that dont like them but after looking through Mike's 14 it made me want to give them another go :) lets hope i can test it out soon.

Hey Dan , if you treat yourself to a TV85 from TH you also get a free 8mm Ethos for the collection. You can use the 85 as a great finder for your big Dob. :)

id be kicked out by MRS K :D and would have to use my bag of clothes as a counter weight for the 85 lol

Do you lot ever stop buying astro stuff? It's never gonna clear for the Lynn trip?... Think I looked through one of these in rusty's (Alan's) truss dob last year anyway there's a good chance of using one at the end of May...what if I really like them?!!... Help Delososis!..

Do you lot ever stop buying astro stuff? It's never gonna clear for the Lynn trip?... Think I looked through one of these in rusty's (Alan's) truss dob last year anyway there's a good chance of using one at the end of May...what if I really like them?!!... Help Delososis!..

I WORK SO HARD :evil6: 

Archived