SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

help needed with micro focuser

Hello,

my micro focuser suddenly got  hard to turn while out observing lastnight,

I took out the three screws so I could remove the focuser, but I cant get it off now, when I hold the nut and the focus knob, it just keeps spinning,

any one have this problem before, or any ideas how to get it off 

cheers

I think you need to wind the focuser out, then take off the outside sleeve, remove the screw, then unscrew the focuser.....

thanks for the reply, I have the focuser wind back all the way until it stops, how do I remove the outside sleeve?

Looks like you have the same scope and micro focuser I have. I haven't had that problem on mine, though it's only been installed just over a month. Only thing I can think of is to reverse the installation instructions - they're here in the PDF on this page: http://www.firstlightoptics.com/starlight-instruments-feather-touch-sct-microfocusers/microfocuser-for-celestron-925-sct.html

Hope that helps, good luck.

Matsey :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like you have the same scope and micro focuser I have. I haven't had that problem on mine, though it's only been installed just over a month. Only thing I can think of is to reverse the installation instructions - they're here in the PDF on this page: http://www.firstlightoptics.com/starlight-instruments-feather-touch-sct-microfocusers/microfocuser-for-celestron-925-sct.html

Hope that helps, good luck.

ive tried this, but the problem is I cant separate the focuser unit from the nut or stop nut,  I put a spanner on the stop and try and lossen it, but it just spins around, its like the focuser wheel is not doing any thing, its a real mess

Oh that's horrible :(. How long has the focuser been on the scope? Perhaps get in contact with starlight or where you bought it from, they might have some ideas?

Otherwise hopefully someone with better mechanical (?) knowledge will come along to offer better suggestions - I'm a bit rubbish in that department, I actually had the focuser for six months before I plucked up the courage to install it !!!

Really hope you get it sorted, sorry I couldn't help further.

Archived