Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Finally managed to image M42

brendant

Maybe there is one good thing about the bad weather, it gave me a chance to modify the scope to fit a light pollution filter and collimate it (first time), it was way off, first imaging session since Christmas and managed 15Min's before it started to Snow Angry. Started off a really nice clear sky but should have known it would not last.

Unguided 15 x 45 seconds ISO 800 at prime focus on 6" f8 Newt, unmodded 400D

Core is burnt out and some horizontal banding (don't know where it is coming from), but the best one of M42 I have managed yet.

Brendan

Thanks for the positive feedback guys, really chuffed with this one since it is the result of several learning moments for me.

First collimation (don't know why I waited so long to do it), first attempt with a light pollution filter, and first with a motorised focuser which has helped no end, no more wobbling when trying to manually focus. Just need some more clear skies.

Brendan

Archived