Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

losmandy G11 problems

wavydavy

Can anyone advise.........ive got and had for years now a losmandy G11 mount. my RA drive is ok but my DEC drive will not work, the motor is "vibrating" but not rotating, even when its disconnected from its worm gear. To check its not the motor I have swapped the cables around (RA to DEC and vice versa) when I do this its showing its not the motors, as the dec motor rotates and not vibrates now. So im guessing its some thing to do with the control box??? Any ideas people??

I've never had an issue with my G11, and being an electronics dunce, would have to order new parts rather than attempt repairs on the digital drive board. A whole new board is $200.

Good luck.

• 2 weeks later...

Wavydavy,

You should also check the gearbox, if it's gotten cracked it will do the same thing. DAMHIKT Can you "wobble" the motor on the mount? A new GB is $35+shipping for Losmandy. 

Clear Dark Skies
Startraffic
39.138274 -77.168898

Archived